|𝟯|~𝗕𝗶𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗕𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀 ∙

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Thunder rumbles gently in the distance, the storm getting nearer. Jim sits perched on the edge of the inns roof, he tosses pebbles, watching as they bounce off the windows and fall to the ground.

"Jim" someone speaks up.He looks to his right, seeing (Y/N)'s head poking out of her bedroom window. Jims eyes widen a bit, but relaxes as his friend carefully climbs out of her window, making sure not to slip.

"Hey.." Jim softly greets, he moves aside to make room for (Y/N), though his best efforts, they were still touching shoulders, although neither of them complained. "You okay?" She asks, arms folded against her chest as she leans her head on his shoulder.

"Just thinking...nothing much" Jim replies after a moment of silence, he feels his muscles loosen as he sets his head atop hers, letting out a deep sigh. No more words are exchanged between the two, they just sit, enjoying eachothers company.

"I really don't know how you manage it Sarah.." A voice cuts through the silence, both teens turn to the sound, seeing Delbert and Ms Hawkins inside the inn, Delbert standing by a table while Sarah cleans up another table. They sit up straighter and listen in.

"..trying to run a business while raising a felon-felon...FELLOW like Jim!" Delbert tries to cover up his mistake. (Y/N) chortles, but covers it up with a cough when Jim gives her a playful glare.

"Manage it?? I'm at the end of my rope!" Sarah exclaims, rubbing her temple. "I'm almost positive if (Y/N) didn't offer to help once in a while, this whole place would go under!" This makes (Y/N)'s eyes widen, she never knew her small acts of kindness affected Sarah this much.

"She's not wrong." Jim quietly agrees with his mom, (Y/N) looks at him, a smile slowly forming onto her face. She says nothing, going back to listen in on the two adults. She misses the way Jim looks at her, his eyes softening.

"Ever since his father left well...Jim's just never recovered.." Ms Hawkins explains, slightly glaring at the thought of her husband. "..and you know how smart he is! He built his first solar flair when he was eight!" She says, a slight hint of pride in her voice.

Jim watches his mom with a grin, glad he at least made her proud in some sense, but the smile is gone when he hears her next words.
"And yet he's failing school! Constantly in trouble..and when I talk to him..." Sarah looks down with a sigh "..he's like a complete stranger."

"Don't worry." (Y/N)'s voice cuts Jim out of his thought, he turns towards her, a questioning look on his face. "Your trying your best, it's not your fault. Your still growing up so there's no reason to put yourself down...you just have to focus more on this.." she points to his heart.