14; Iyalawo Doings.

"YOU DID WHAT?!"

Yasmeen flinched, instantly raising her hand up to cover her ears so her poor ear drums won't be damaged. Flicking her eyes open, she casted a glance at her best friend, whom either lost a few screws or is about to blow up.

Swallowing thickly, Yasmeen blew out a small breath, her lips slightly puckered. "I just felt it's unfair, that's all" She mumbled, hoping it will help with whatever scolding she's bound to get best friend.

It's always like that. She does something without thinking, and Amina ends up scolding her despite being 'a day older'. Her words, no one else's.

"SO, YOU WENT TO HIS HOUSE?!"

"Aishh! Stop screaming will you? You'll damage my poor ear drums at this rate." Yasmeen whined, eyes narrowed at Amina who apparently isn't scared of letting the whole house know what Yasmeen did. Well, technically, Nusaiba already knows—and supports it—Mama though, doesn't, and Yasmeen would prefer it to stay that way.

"Don't 'aishh' me. You're not in Korea." Amina hissed, pointing a finger at her best friend who is a certified psycho. She doesn't know what to tell the girl anymore because she never expected Yasmeen's craziness to have reached that point. Who else would do what she did for crying out loud? "How did it end again though? Like what happened after he came?" She questioned, settling on the bed and now looking curious.

She couldn't help it.

Who wouldn't want to know?

Yasmeen darted her tongue to swipe across her lower lip, before she sighed and recounted everything to Amina again, for the third time or so.

"What are you doing here?" Asad questioned, eyes narrowed in slits. That particular glare, Yasmeen has been subjected to it quite a lot lately and it never fails to intimidate her.

That day though, she didn't show it though her feet ran cold due to the look he's giving her. She simply blew out a breath, and then crossed her arms over her torso—straightening her spine so she won't look so small in front of him. "What does it look like? I'm here to see my in-laws of course." Her lips slanted upwards into a wide grin.

Asad's frown deepened, and instinctively, a brow rose only slightly. For a few seconds, he didn't say anything, as he tried to comprehend whether this woman is in her right sense or not. He couldn't find the right words to say, because his mind is jumbled and he is simply befuddled. "Just...what?" He shook his head, blinking repeatedly.

Her smile fell slightly, "Wait, don't tell me you've forgotten already?" She feigned discomfit.

"Forget what?"

Yasmeen cleared her throat slightly, and morphed her expression into that of solemnity. Her head tilted to the side, then her shoulders slumped—her voice dropping. "I didn't want you to find out this way. But..." Blowing out a breath, she turned her head to look at him, and then offered him what is supposed to be a warm smile—but it still resembled that of dolls from horror movies. "...'this is the love of my life'..." The smile then fell. "Shey una don't remember that one?"

Completely and utterly dumbstricken, Asad could only stare at her in disbelief. This time around, he arched a brow, lips slightly parted. If Yasmeen wasn't too caught up in what she's doing, she would've paused and asked him how he's able to do that effortlessly.

When he finally gathered his thoughts, he blinked and held back a scoff. "How did you even find this place?" He is still yet to come a conclusion regarding her sanity, but he's certain she'll need a visit to the mental institution for her sake and that of humanity.