|𝟯|~𝗕𝗶𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗕𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀 ∙

Start from the beginning

Jim's eyes well up with tears, but he quickly wipes his eyes with his sleeve. He looks at his friend with gratitude, grateful that she is with him.

Suddenly, a ship flies past the Inn, startling the two. It swerves through the sky, loosing control and crashing just outside the docks. Both teens quickly jump down the roof and run towards the crash, Jim skids to a stop outside the window of the ship, banging on it while (Y/N) tries to pry the glass open, both calling out to the person inside.

"Hey mister, your okay in there right?!" Jim shouts, halting his banging for just a moment, (Y/N) holds her breath, hopping the person is alright. They both let out surprised yelps as a hand suddenly slams into the glass.

The hatch opens, revealing a giant turtle. He slowly falls out of the window, gasping for breath. A small brown chest falls next to him. Strange markings adorning it's exterior.

The turtle grabs Jim by his collar, yanking him forward, Jim stumbles a bit, trying to regain his balance. (Y/N) looks at the two carefully, prepared to intervene if anything were to happen.

The turtle wheezes before forcing out a few strangled words, "He's a-commin!" He coughs out, "Can ya hear him..?" He asks. "Those gears and gyros clicken en whirrin!"

He stretches his neck towards Jim, causing him to move his head further away from the old turtle, (Y/N) stares, scared  and confused.
"Like the devil himself!!" The man yells, finally letting go of Jim's shirt, he sighs in relief.

"Uh.." (Y/N) starts, "Hit ya head pretty hard there, huh?" She tries to lighten up the mood of the obviously distressed man before her.

"He's after meh chest!" The turtle starts again, clutching the small object in his arm's protectively. "That fiendish cyborg and his band of cutthroats!!" He spits with venom, as he glares at the ground dangerously.

"They'll have to pry it from ol' Billy Bones cold dead fingers before I-!" His vow is cut off by a violent cough, he brings a hand to his neck before collapsing on the ground, the chest still in his grasp.

"Oh my.." Jim rushes towards Billy, reaching out and taking ahold of his arm, "Let me help you up." (Y/N) rushes over to his other side, slinging his arm over her shoulder. Billy carefully gets up, never once letting go of the chest.

"Good lads." Billy thanks the two, as they haul him up the path towards the inn. Jim looks at (Y/N), her eyes focused ahead, careful not to trip as she kept a firm grip on the old turtle. Jim sighs and stares ahead.

"𝗢𝗵 𝗺𝗼𝗺 𝗶𝘀 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀."
————————————————————————————————————————————————
𝗕𝗲𝗻𝗯𝗼𝘄 𝗜𝗻𝗻

Sarah walks towards a curtain, the scene showing it raining outside, she flips a switch, a tropical island appears. She flips the switch once more and a beautiful meadow dotted with many flowers appears, she sighs and turns towards Delbert.

"Thanks for listening Delbert." She says as she slumps into a chair, "It helps." She admits, face falling. Delbert stares at his friend, a sympathetic look makes its way onto his face.

He moves forward and places a comforting hand on her shoulder, a soft smile painting his lips."It's going to be okay.." he promises,
"You'll see." He finishes, nodding his head for emphasis. Sarah slowly starts to smile, but it falls as she brings a hand up to caress the necklace adorning her neck. She fiddles with it before speaking.