chapter 22

"If I call up Mel, she* gon' slide wit' barretta"- don't change

Melodys pov

"back up i needa concentrate, you all in my ass and round the corner" i said bumping dd with my butt to move him out my way while i shot my baskets. i needed a few more tickets for my bear.

he grabbed my hips pulling me back
towards him so my butt would be on him. see? always gotta touch me. "dee stop" i said still shooting. "baby just let me hold ya hips" he said watching me.

"you can't i gotta jump for some of these" i argued not stopping. the timer showed time was almost up and if i kept going i could reach my goal and have enough tickets.

"bro you is not even jumpin just bouncin" he retaliated. this nigga always wanna be up under me like damn. "dee if i loose imma fuck you up" i said grabbing another ball and shooting it.

he grabbed my hips again pulling me towards him so my back was against his chest and layed his head on my shoulder . i only had time for one more shot and if i missed i wasn't gone have enough tickets.

i grabbed the basketball and made the last shot as i bit the inside of my lip, then i got mad cause the ball started rolling around the rim. at a time like this, this ain't no damn disney movie.

it eventually went in though and i started jumping like a kid thinking about what i was gonna name that big ass teddy bear. i got my tickets and turned around pecking dd on the lips 3 times before i started walking to the stand.

dd followed as he should. i put all our tickets combined on the counter and the worker put them in a ticket counter. "you have 4,432 tickets which mean you can get anything on this wall" the worker said.

she looked about our age or a year or two older. she was sending googly eyes to my boyfriend and he was looking at her with a stank face. i smacked his chest telling him to be polite.

"i want dat bear" i pointed and she looked over her shoulder before getting up to walk over and get my bear. "y'all got 432 tickets left" she said handing me the big ass bear that made me stumble back.

"you good ma?" he said grabbing my wrist to steady me better. "yeah!" i muffled cause the bear was covering my face, it did not look this big from far.

"y'all wanna use the rest of yall tickets" she played with her hair ignoring me. "you want somethin" i said to dd. "nah" he said. i pointed at ddot and notti playing the game when you roll the ball in the holes.

"you see them? when they come over here add those to they total" i said to her. i looked at her name tag, chantel.

"y'all like bestfriends or something?" she asked not even answering to me but she nodded so i know she heard me. "come on" dd said turning us around. "bitches be so disrespectful for no reason these days, she know damn well you was my girlfriend" he said as we walked away.

"i'm sorry bout that mel" he added. "all good" i shrugged my shoulders admiring my teddy bear. i was excited to have one added to my collection.

people be thinking small bitch you needa be thinking big. "you a big ass kid bro" he laughed at me. "wassup mel" notti smiled as we walked up to them "yo ass was not playing bout that bear huh" ddot teased.

"do i look like i joke about teddy bears" i deadpanned him. "i- no." he pointed at me. "exactly" i nodded.

"yo so tell me why the bitch working the tickets trynna flirt and shit wit me while i'm clearly with mel. shit blowin me" dd told notti and ddot.

"nigga she what" notti said looking over my shoulder towards the girl, i looked back and she was staring at us.

"it's not even that big of a deal" i shrugged. he ain't flirt back, he ignored her not paying her no mind, and he walked away when she started talking to him.

what am i supposed to be mad for? "why the fuck not" notti interjected "he didn't flirt back," i shrugged "i'm in a relationship with him not her, he was loyal. imma be mad why?" i questioned.

"good point" ddot said playing the whack-a-mole game and dd threw his arm over my shoulders. "yo i'm hungry wanna get food" dd asked us.

"yeah" the three of us said in unison but i sounded a lil more excited than them. "here we go" dd rolled his eyes. "i knew it was a reason i called you twin" ddot said to me.

i thought we been established that we both love food. he's just passive aggressive over food.

we walked over and notti and ddot ordered together cause they splitting a tab. "hello what can i get for you" this perky white girl asked. she was no older than 18. she must love her job.

i whispered in dds ear what i want. i don't know what it is but i just can't order for myself. i got anxiety and i'm just plain shy. people who can order for they self is soldiers.

"lemme get a 6 piece tender with fries and a medium sprite" he ordered my food. "sauce" she said "barbecue" he answered without asking me.

"then i want a cheeseburger and fries with a large sprite" he ordered "a nigga mad thirsty" he said looking at me.

"14.27" she said to us and dd gave her his card. he knows food is my love languageeeeeeee and he bought me food. guess we gotta cuddle later . damn. why his dumb ass love language gotta be touching.

sappy ass shit.

"thanks bubs" i kissed him "stop calling meee thattttt" he groaned as i started walking over to notti and ddot sitting in a booth. "hey my favorite people in the world" i smiled.

"sup mel mel" notti said "hey" i sighed sitting my bear on the floor next to us. "so ya birthday in two weeks watcha want?" he asked and ddot listened.

i shook my head no "don't get me nothing i don't wanna do anything for my birthday this year." i quickly answered. "why" ddot and notti said unison.

"why what" dd walked over handing me the food. "melmel birthday in two weeks and she don't wanna do shit and she don't want gifts" dot summed it up.

"shut up and stuff ya face fat ass" i said crossing my arms. "did that already" he retorted sarcastically.

"melly you don't want none for ya birthday?" dd asked confused. "my mom always said she would plan my sixteenth birthday,. i'm just not up for it" i shrugged.

the mood instantly changed. everybody got quiet and the only thing you could hear was kids and other people playing games.

"sorry mel" dd said pulling my chair closer to his. "you always apologizing" i laughed "it's not ya fault" i rubbed his shoulder.

he's always saying sorry. sometimes i think that he's apologizing for more than what he's making it seem.