33. The Deathly Hallows

"Are you still mad at him?" Elina asked Hermione, as the Quartet walked up a hill, Ron leading the way, Harry not far behind him, and the girls far behind.

"I'm always mad at him" Hermoine shrugged. They reached a strange looking house, and Elina immediately knew that this was Luna's house, speaking of luna, Elina didn't notice how much she missed the dreamy blonde girl until now. Harry walked up first and knocked at the door.

The door opened to reveal an old man with a familiar blonde hair. "What is it? Who are you? What do you want?" The man asked.

"Hello, Mr Lovegood, I'm Harry Potter, we met a few months ago. Can we come in?" Harry asked Luna's father. The man  hesitate for a second, but let them in eventually. Elina looked around the small house then turned to Mr lovegood. "Where is luna, sir?" She asked.

"She went out, won't be long" He answered avoiding her eyes. "So. What brings you here, Mr. Potter?" asked Xenophilius.

"Well, sir, we need some help.It was about something that you were wearing around your neck at the wedding. A symbol," Harry said.

"You mean this?" Mr Lovegood said, gripping the necklace around his neck.

"Yes, that's it.  what is it?" Harry asked.

"What is it? Well, it's the sign of the Deathly Hallows of course." Mr lovegood said as it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"The what?" Harry asked

"The Deathly Hallows. I assume you all are familiar with the tale of the three brothers?" Mr Lovegood asked.

"Yes," Hermione and Ron nodded.

"No" Harry and Elina replied.

"I have it in here," Hermione stated, pulling out the book of The Tales of Beedle the Bard.

"Well, there's no real reason to go on unless one is familiar with the tale." said Lovegood. "Why don't you read it aloud, Miss...?"

"Granger. all right." Hermione opened, and started reading out loud. "There were once three brothers who were traveling along a lonely, winding road at twilight—"

"Midnight. Mum always said midnight." Ron intruppted, Hermione glared him. "But twilight's fine. Better actually." He gluped.

"In time, the brothers reached a river too treacherous to pass, But being learned in the magical arts, the three brothers simply waved their wands and made a bridge. They were halfway across it when they found their path blocked by a hooded figure. It was Death, and he felt cheated, for travelers usually drowned in the river. But Death was cunning. He pretended to congratulate them and granted each brother a wish for their cleverness. The oldest, who was a combative man, asked for a wand more powerful than any in existence. So Death fashioned one from an elder tree on the banks of the river

The second brother, who was an arrogant man, decided to humiliate Death even further and asked for the power to recall others from Death. So Death plucked a stone from the river.

Finally, Death turned to the third brother. A humble man, he asked for something that would make him go home without being found by Death . And so it was that Death handed over his own Cloak of Invisibility. Death then stepped aside and the brothers went their separate ways...

The first brother traveled to a distant village where, with Elder Wand in hand, he killed a wizard with whom he had once quarreled. Proceeding to an Inn, he bragged of his invincibility. But that very night another wizard crept upon him as he lay sleeping. He took the Elder Wand and slit the brother's throat for good measure. And so Death took the first brother for his own...