7. another detention

Elina was left to set alone at breakfast the next day. Harry and the Weasleys left to go check on, Mr Weasley, who had been actually attacked by a snake. Apparently Harry had the same nightmare as hers. She figured that it was her father's doing. For some reason he wanted her to see the attack as well, she guessed that's for her to 'get used to killing' was the reason. Hermoine left too this morning, leaving Elina all alone.

After her first class -Care for Magical creatures- she was Headed to the Dark art class. That was her least favourite subject now. Umbridge was irritating most of the school by her not-so-innocent smile, and her annoying rules. Elina took a seat next to Neville longbottom. Neville shifted nervously on his seat, moving a little away from her. She was confused by his action, sure Neville is with her in most classes, Dumbledore army meetings and she would see him a lot in the common room, but they never spoke to each other. "Hi, Neville" she greeted with a hint of confusion in her tone. Neville didn't look her way but still greeted back nervously. "H-Hi, E-Elina"

"Are you alright?" She asked, more confused. He nodded.

Umbridge entered the class and stood in the middle of the classroom facing the students. all the voices of students died down. The Professor eyes fell on, Elina, and giggled. "Miss Alodia, I don't recall allowing you to change your seat" Elina sighed and raised her eyebrows in frustration, trying to not lose her temper. "Sorry, Professor, but my usual partners -Ron- is not here today and I figured that since, Neville's partner-Hanna- was sick today, that we could be partners for this class" the Professor giggled again, making Elina roll her eyes. "Well, since you allowed yourself to do something without my permission, you will have detention, Miss Alodia"

"What?!" Elina shouted, clearly her attemptof not losingher temper, failed. "You are going to give me, that bloody touter session of yours, because I changed my seat?!"

"P-Professor, I Don't think it was only Elina's fault, I agreed with her idea, so if you are going to give her detention, it's only fair to give me one too" Neville argued bravely, standing up. Elina was shocked. "Neville, what are you doing?" She whispered, trying to pull him back to set by his shirt. Neville resisted still looking straight at Umbridge, who was smiling from ear to ear. "Very well, Mr longbottom, both of you meet me in my office at the end of your last class" She giggled. Neville sit back down smiling slightly at Elina. She smiled back, feeling her stomach warm, again.

"You didn't have to do it, Neville. You know, talk back at Umbridge for me. Her detentions are not that nice to risk having" said Elina as she and Neville were walking to there next class. "I know, but it truly wasn't your fault. I let you set there. And it wasn't something that deserves detention, that Professor is mad" Neville explained. Elina nodded in agreement then thanked him any way before heading to Potion class.

                     °¤☆————♡————☆¤°

After a long day, Elina and Neville was done with Umbridge detention, and were walking back to the Gryffindor tower. She made Elina write ' I must obey and do what is ordered' and 'I mustn't play the hero' to Neville. Elina felt guilty for pulling, Neville into detention. "I'm sorry, Neville" she apologised looking at his hand. He clenched it into a fist, and smiled softly. "A-Again, i-it wasn't it your fault" "still" she smiled back.

"Well, Hermoine -being the good friend she is- knew that I would get in trouble with Umbridge. She thinks I have a short temper-" "You do have a short temper" Neville intruppted. "Why, thank you" she replied sarcastically. Neville blushed "Anyway, knowing I will get detention, Hermoine left me some healing potion, I should apply some to your hand" Neville nodded. "Hermoine, really is the best" said silently to herself.

The girls dormitorie was quite. Patil was sleeping in her bed making soft snores, while Brown was in the bathroom doing her hair into braids. Elina sat on her bed looking through the window and shoot up as she saw a snow-white owl standing outside it. It was Hedwig!! Harry must've sent her a letter. She opened the window and let Hedwig in, taking the envelope from her. She felt excited, something she doesn't usually feel about receiving a letter, but this was different, it was from Harry. She quickly opened the letters and started reading:

𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝙴𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚊,

𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢'𝚜 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕. 𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚠𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚋𝚢𝚎. 𝙼𝚛.𝚆𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚠. 𝙷𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚜, 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠. 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝚁𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚖𝚎-𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚚𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚎- "𝙸𝚏 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚘 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚡 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚏 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍" 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚎'𝚜 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚕 ,𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 t𝚛o𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚞𝚙 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔. 𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚞𝚜.

𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎,
𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚢𝚢

Elina laughed at Ron's words that Harry qouted. She smiled wildly at the idea that she was invited to spend the break with her friends. Friends. That word warmed her heart. She opened the drawer of her nightstand and pulled out a piece of parchment and a quill and started writing a letter back.

𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓗𝓪𝓻𝓻𝔂,

𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓾𝓹𝓭𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓶𝓮 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽, 𝓜𝓻 𝓦𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓵𝔂'𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓮. 𝓘 𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝓶𝔂 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓽𝓸 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓮. 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵,𝓡𝓸𝓷, 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓰𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓵𝔂 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼, 𝓼𝓸 𝓷𝓸 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓮𝔁 𝓶𝓮, 𝓪𝓵𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝓘 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓮𝓮 𝓱𝓲𝓶 𝓽𝓻𝔂. 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓷𝓸 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻 ,𝓗𝓮𝓻𝓶𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓮𝓷𝓿𝓸𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓭. 𝓘 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝓷𝓲𝓬𝓮 𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓴 𝓪𝓼 𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓵. 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓼𝓮𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓷𝓮𝔁𝓽 𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓴.

𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮,
𝓔𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓐𝓵𝓸𝓭𝓲𝓪

As she folded the letter, she handed it to Hedwig. "Take this to Harry, Hedwig" she instructed. The owl flew out of the window taking the letter with her. Elina sighed. Thinking about, Harry, was something that made her feel happy. She knew she felt something towards him and she was failing to stop it. He made her happy, but she can't be Happy with him. Not him. She sighed again with frustration. And threw herself back into her bed as, Brown existed the bathroom and went to bed "Goodnight, Alodia" Lavender smiled covering herself with the blanket. "Good night, Brown" Elina said with another sigh.