Chapter 2

A/N

cw: cursing

it will be a constant thing in this story, not just this chapter 😅

~*~*~*~

Tay's POV

Monday arrived quickly. I hopped out of bed as my alarm went off and began my morning routine.

Before leaving my bedroom and heading to the dining room for breakfast, I showered, brushed my teeth, put on my school uniform, and made sure that my backpack contained everything I would need.

My parents were usually out of the house by the time I arrived downstairs for breakfast, which made me feel relieved. After yesterday's minor incident, I still wasn't in the mood to see my dad.

When I walked into the dining room, breakfast was already served. On the table, there was a variety of fruit, eggs, toast, and orange juice. I took a couple of bites of eggs and toast before taking a banana to go. My favorite coffee was waiting for me in a travel mug when I got up from my chair, thanks to our housekeeper.

"Thanks, Celia. Have a good day!"  I shouted as I sprinted out of the door.

"Have a good day, too, Young Master."

As usual, Alfred drove me to school. As I neared the building, butterflies started to flutter in my tummy. I was just glad to be returning to school since it gives me something to focus on. I was aware that it wasn't the usual reaction, but I can't help it. With my parents present every day, the past two weeks have seemed to last forever. To my annoyance, even though they don't live at home frequently, they do make an effort to spend the holidays at home.

"Young Master, we're here," Alfred said once he pulled up to the front of the school.

I pulled the strap to my backpack over my shoulder, adjusting my glasses.

"Thanks, Alfred. I'll call you when I'm almost ready to go home. I'm gonna stay after school to study," I said before opening the door.

"Have a good day," Alfred said and I waved as the man drove away.

I stood in front of the school building and stared at it for a while. It was crazy to think that I had only one more semester left before I graduated and got to leave this place for good to go to college. It felt like time had flown by so fast.

"Tay!" I heard my best friend before I saw him and I grinned. I had really missed that ball of sunshine.

"Arm!" He appeared among a crowd of students making their way into the building. My best friend had his arms wide open as he crashes into me.

"I missed you, buddy! How was your Christmas vacation?" he asked as we walked into the building together, his arms were still wrapped around my shoulder as I told him about my pretty uneventful holiday.

"What about you? How as yours?" I asked. "You look like you've been spending some time in the sun."

Arm subconsciously ran a hand over his face and chuckled. "Oh yeah. We went to Hawaii for the holidays. Got one of the worst sunburns of my life! I'm just glad I'm not coming back to school looking like a lobster," he said.

I laughed. "Do you have pictures? I need to see this for my–"

Before I even finished asking, Arm already had his phone out showing me the evidence.

"Oh, god. That looks really painful," Tay said as we stopped in front of our lockers. I and Arm lucked out for having lockers just a few feet away from each other. Especially since we don't have any classes together this year, but we thankfully do share the same lunch period.