Chapter 1

10 years ago...

"Haha! Hey Braces!" A boy's voice said, looking across the park, stood Riako.

"Where'd you think your going? Aww don't run!" He said as he ran towards where I was. Standing up, grabbing my books and crayons, I started jogging away from the boy, literally juggling with my crayons as I was trying to put them in my bag, yet the headset I wore for my braces kept getting in the way of my vision.

"Hey! She's getting away!" A girls voice yelled from behind me.

"Leave me alone! I haven't done anything to you guys!" I yelled as I jogged into an alleyway. I put my bag on my back as I started running as fast as I could with my small 7 year old legs.

"Ha! Gotcha!" A boy said as he blocked the end of the alleyway, AKA my exit. I stopped, looking at the boy in front of me, he looked to be a year or two older than me. Turning around to run out of the alleyway from where I came from, only to be met with a harsh push on my shoulders. Stumbling back, I fell onto my butt.

"Jeez, if we didn't know you were seven, I might've thought you were our age with your speed." Said a girl, she seemed to be the same one that yelled earlier.

"Please, I didn't do anything to you guys!" I said as I looked up at them, tears started glossing my eyes.

The kids around me just stared at my small form before laughing.

"Pfft, you didn't have to, you were asking for it with your appearance!" Said Riako, before he threw a rock at me. Quickly bringing my arms up, the rock bounced off my wrist, blocking the rock from hitting my face.

Riako started throwing small rocks and sticks at me, while the girl with him, that I now know as Finni from them talking to each other, started pulling my hair.

"Stop, please." I said as I started crying, covering my head to try and keep Finni from pulling any more strands of hair. It didn't do much as they both didn't stop, at least before a loud voice echoed off the walls of the alleyway.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" A boy's voice yelled out. Finni and Riako stopped what they were doing, turning their heads to look at the boy who had yelled.

"What did you just say?" Riako asked as he dropped the sticks and rocks that were in his hands, before fully turning around. I gulped before looking at the boy who yelled.

He had jet black hair, and beautiful ocean blue eyes, they were so mesmerizing to look at. He wore a school uniform, it was a uniform from my school.

"I said leave her alone!" The boy said, as he started walking towards us.

"What if we don't, hm? Watcha going to do then?" Finni said, as she then fully turned around.

"Yeah, what if we don't...hm, what if I, I don't know, did this?" Riako said before throwing a punch at him. I gasped, covering my eyes so as not to see the boy get harmed.

"Agh-oomph" was all I heard, making me confused, uncovering my eyes, I was amazed. Riako was laying face down on the ground, he looked knocked out, while the black haired boy sat on his back, holding Riako's arm behind his back.

"Both of you leave her alone, or else I won't hesitate to break your arm!" The black haired boy yelled, as Riako just came back to consciousness.

"Please! Don't hurt him anymore! We'll leave her alone!" Begged Finni, she was a shaking mess as she looked at Riako underneath the boy.

"Hurry and go! I don't want to see you two anywhere near her!" The black haired boy said as he got off Riako's back.

The two quickly ran out of the alleyway, leaving me and the black haired boy.