Chapter 17 In Violence We Stand

Começar do início

Nganono : Ma... What Is She Doing Here And.... How Did The Boys Bond With Her So Quickly?

Hector : Bhuti Nono.... All Has Been Settled... That Woman Who Raised Me And Gave Me A Home And A Place Before Everything Went To Hell... Is Back And That’s Why I Wanted To Ask You Guys To Please Forgive Her And Give Her A Second Chance.... They Is More To Yvonne Than Her Stubbornness....

Nkosi : (He Smiles Showing Off His Cute Dimples) Well He Without Sin Should Be The First To Cast The Stone... I Forgive Her And I Am Pretty Sure That We All Must Do The Same (He Looks At His Brothers, Who Are All Smiling) Right... Brothers..

Zimele : (He Smiles As He Dips His Hand In His Delicacy) Without A Doubt....

Mabutho : I Am So Happy For You Ma... But Now I Want To Eat... As You Can See Zimele Is Not Even Waiting For Someone To Pray For The Food (Everyone Turns To Face Zimele, Who Has Already Started To Stuff The Meat In His Mouth And Immediately They All Erupt Into A Huge Laughter)

Hector Quickly Leaves For The Kitchen To Prepare Their Lunch Boxes, Meanwhile Harriet Is In A Meeting With Her Father Over The Matter Of Her Marriage To Zimele.

Harriet: Baba (Father) I Am Really Not In The Mood Of Getting Married Right Now Baba... Yes I Love Zimele With All My Heart But I Don’t Want To Build My Future Around Him... He Already Has A Partner, That Clearly Loves Him And One Who Looks Like They Want To Build Their Entire Existence Around Him.

Bab’Khanyile : (He Slowly Brings Down The Newspaper And Tells Her That) You’re My Daughter And My Only Source Of Happiness Amongst Your Brothers And As You Know.. The Dlaminis’ Have Already Paid For Your Lobola.... Which Means That You Are His Wife... Whether He Likes It Or Not... You Are The One That Was Chosen By His Father For Him... I Mean The Real Benjamin Dlamini Himself.... (She Looks Down In Disappointed, Knowing Fully Well That She Isn’t The Chosen One But Hector Is) Don’t Be Disappointed... You Are Free To Do As You Wish...

Harriet : But Father... He Clearly Told Me That He Doesn’t Want Me... And What’s Worse He Loves Him More Than Me... Me Baba...

Bab’Khanyile : (He Smiles) Do You Why I Want You To Get Married Into The Dlaminis’... It’s Because Of Their Enormous Power Within The World Of Taxis’... Do You Know That Their Sitting On A Potential Multimillion Rand Empire, That Could Be Of Great Beneficial To All Of Us... Zimele Is His Favourite Son And The One Closest To His Heart... Everything That He Owns Will Automatically Become His Own... Upon His Death... We All Know That Boy From Limpopo Can’t Give Birth... Because He Is A Boy But You Are A Woman With A Womb... The Moment You Give Him A Child... Then We Are Sorted, Not For Today Only But Forever...

Harriet : So You Are Telling Me That... I Should Get Pregnant... To Secure A Place In The Dlamini Family...

Bab’Khanyile : Exactly... Hence You Will Be Moving In... Sooner Than Expected...

As Their Conversation Comes To An End With Harriet Staring At The Bead That She Hasn’t Shown Her Father Yet, Hector Is In The Bedroom Sleeping Along With His Zimele, Who Is Snoring Like A Tractor, Due To The Amount Of Work And The Less Sleeping Hours.
Hector Then Wakes Up And Goes To The Kitchen To Drink Some Water And That’s When He Finds Nganono In The Kitchen And It’s Only 02:00 In The Morning And He Is Not Alone, He Is With Mabutho, And They Have Documents Scattered Over The Kitchen Counter, Which Is Highly Unusual Since He Has Noticed That Mabutho Is Always Clean, Like To Him And Only Him, Cleanliness Is Next To Godliness, Hence How His House Is So Beautiful And Clean, Yet Cold.
He Moves Towards Them And Quickly Makes For Them, Coffee And Replaces The Mugs That Were On The Table.

Hector : I Know That You Are Trying To Work But They Won’t Be Enough Energy Left In You Guys... If You Don’t Sleep... I Can Bring Some Blankets From The Bedroom.