Pleading the fifth.

Start from the beginning

Mikekell didn't find it so funny at first but soon laughed with her. 

She brought him to the other side of the Towers, Grasslyn Towers. 

Everyone here rested.  All the work was done on the Farmline Towers. 

"Its easier to breath here.  I see why its called Grasslyn.  What do you do here other than rest?"  Mikekell asked.

"We rest.   We don't work here.  We talk and listen.  Keep everything clean and try to make sense of all the hate that the Towers share for each other."  She explained.

"Do you feel hate for any of the Towers?" He asked hoping to find out what they felt about the Ocean.

"We have hated but now we just hate what is harmful to us.  We don't hate a whole Tower when its just one person or water creature causing the hate. 

We don't put harm to anyone."  She replied.

"What is your feeling on the mermaids?  Do you fear them or think they smell?"

"What?  Where does this come from?  Do you know any mermaids?"  Megalyn asked. 

"Well if you cant be honest and answer a simple question about mermaids than maybe you do hate them."  He said covering his last question.

"I do not hate or think they smell.  Do you?"  She replied back.

"I'm not too sure what you mean.  I have no hatred with anyone.  I just want to stay a knight.  Not a Prince and never a King.  I am not one to over eat and drink my wine till I forget who I am." 

"That's good.  I guess.  Who is like this?  Your father?"  Asked Megalyn.  

"Never mind about that.  Where do you find these horses?"  He said changing the subject. 

"What mine?  This horse here is special.  Never does a thing wrong and never grows old.  Had her since I was born.  She was 8 yrs old at that time.  She has been just as strong if not stronger." 

"Is there other like him?  Or is he the only one?"  Mikekell asked. 

"Venus here is one of a kind... to me that is.  I haven't found one like him but I also don't care to look.  She is all I need.  Let me guess you would like to buy a horse like mine?" 

"You make it seem as business has no place here.  I came to see your Tower and talk but if I see something beautiful I will ask a price and buy.  Your horse is beyond beautiful and if one can be found like it I would love to buy one."  He explained. 

"Well I will keep my eyes open for you."  She said smiling. 

Mikekell and Megalyn walked the Towers until the sun set.  Mikekell was enjoying his time at the Grasslyn Towers. 

He knew he had to go now if he wanted to try to meet Tilfa at the sand's but he was learning so much about them and things he never knew. 

However he had to pull away and so he did with another promised meeting with Megalyn.

Mikekell rode his horse to the sandy ocean.  He watched the waves crash louder and louder but no sight of Tilfa.

Mikekell got on his horse and headed back home.  He would be back tomorrow. 

As he walked in his Tower his father stopped him before he could get passed the doors.

"What would you like today father?"

"Where have you been?"

"If you must know I was at the Towers.  Grasslyn Towers.  Seeing the lady friend you brought for me."  Mikekell answered.

"Really.  How is that going?  She isn't the only lady around.  You're spending more time with her than the smelly Ocean.  Which is better for me but still, move on to the next lady."  King Johnkell said. 

"Yes you said this before.  I'll take my time.  Do it with some dignity.   Now if I may.  I am very tired."  Mikekell said walking to his chambers. 

Mikekell laid down to sleep.  He was having a difficult dream.  One that involved Tilfa and her father.  He knew that Tilfa could send him small messages in his dreams however she usually would let him know. 

He tried to stay asleep and follow the dream carefully.  Mikekell couldn't hear anything.  Tilfas lips were moving.  She was pointing behind her but there was no one or anything there. 

Mikekell ran in the cold water toward her.  Something dragged Tilfah away. 

Mikekell quickly woke up not knowing what to think of the dream. 

He would wait till the next morning, rush to the ocean to see what he could find out hoping Tilfa herself would be there to answer it for him.