Chapter 18 (END).

I have always heard that when we are going to die, we are having some kind of flashback about our lives. My grandma also told me about it before she died, she told me in her last breath that she could see her life flashed before her eyes. I always believe that even though I never experienced it.

But, right at this moment, I think I finally have the opportunity. I think what I'm looking at right now is what I have been living. My memories in the past are showed like some kind of swirling rivers of purplish-blue light in the sky above me. It looks like an aurora or some people used to call as polar lights. I wonder if everyone's memory looks like this because mine is so beautiful.

"I have lived well," I say gratefully. Looking back to the past, I don't think I have any regrets to leave behind. Thank God, I don't want to be a ghost instead of going to the afterlife. I'm curious if I will be able to reincarnate or stay forever in the afterlife instead.

"MC?! MC!"

I could hear someone's voice, it sounds so familiar. I look my surrounding but no one is there. But his voice is so near? Where is this person? Why I want to look at him so bad?

"MC, I'm here... I'm here. Hey, look at me. Focus on me!"

I slowly open my eyes and look at the familiar face in front of me. It's only few hours I saw Jake in the eyes, it's been days I talked with him through screen between us, but why it feels like I have known him for so long. Why there is pleasant feeling I enjoy so much every time I lay my eyes on him?

"Hey..." I greet him with weak smile. "Jake, it's Richy all along..." I whisper painfully.

"I know. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Holding onto me, okay? Let's get out from here. I will carry you, stay with me. Don't you dare close your eyes!" He stutters, his hand is reaching mine and trying to put it on his shoulder meanwhile his other hand is beneath my knees and carefully trying to lift me.

"Jake, I'm okay..." I try to calm him down while slowly pulling my hand away from his shoulder.

"Hannah, catch this! Call the police and ambulance! Hurry!!" he commands while throwing his phone out of his pocket to someone behind me.

"You managed to rescue Hannah? Is she okay?" I ask and try to see her behind me, even if it's from the corner of my eyes, but it's useless.

"MC, please holding onto me... We are leaving now. Hannah, hurry!!" he pulls my hand again to put it on his shoulder then moves the same hand behind my neck, still trying to lift me up.

"Jake, hey..." I pull my hand again from his shoulder and put it on his chest, tap it gently. "I'm okay, we don't have to leave. You know, I'm trying to fight the reaper in front of me right now because I don't want to leave without saying good bye." I joke and let out a soft chuckle.

"It's not funny and it's not time to debate me. You are not going to die, not at all. Now, holding onto me!" he grab my arm tight, but it's not hurt. It's warm and comfy. The warmth is wrapping around my wrist. I have no clue if Jake is always this warm or I'm the one who getting colder and colder.

"Jake, listen... I'm okay," I look at him in the eyes and smile sincerely.

"I'm not," he trails off. "I'm not okay. I can lose everything—I can lose everything... but not you, not you. Oh God..." he pulls me to his chest and embraces me tight. There is sorrow colouring his voice.

"Hey, that's not true... you can't lose air to breath, can you?" I jokingly hit his chest but my voice rasps. I probably tease him around but I'm holding my tears to not fall. I don't want to show him right now that...I'm really scared.

I didn't regret everything but I still don't want to die yet.

"I'm sorry, I should not let you be here. It should be me. It had to be me. I made promise to protect you but I just made everything worst." His voice is shredding me into pieces.