Chapter 17.

I hope this makes sense and apologise for bad writing and messy grammar. Anyway, it's getting near the end thus I have important question. Did you already prepare for the worst?

Warning: Violence, blood-loss mention, stabbing.

***

There are some days that I always think I'm just an ordinary person. In fact, I always think that I'm too ordinary. There is this thought that I used to have in my mind that God didn't create me by His own hands just like whatever bible said, but instead He used the already existed template to make my figure. I don't have much talent or skill, I have no unique or distinctive feature on me. I'm average in everything. I'm anything but special.

Since I was in still school, I always believe that the main characters are not just something you found in book, movie, theatre, or even game. The truth is there will be always main character and supporting character, even here in reality. Life is like enormous stage for something like school drama. There will be beautiful person as the princess and her charming prince who is going to be main characters, the evil antagonist with their grumpy assistant, the villagers who support the plot and are not able to talk if the spotlight didn't turn on them, or even the tree which just stand idly watching the chaos right there.

It's been forever that I never thought I'm the main character even in my life. I always thought I'm just supporting character which even if I hadn't been there, no one would have noticed. But for once, my life has been changed. For once, many people notice and interact with me. For once, some people really need me in their lives. For once, someone said that I'm important and cannot lose me.

Everything in my life turned upside down because someone from the other side of this world sent my number. It's funny if you think about it. How one encounter can affect everything in your life, how one choice can change the whole route in your direction, how something as small as the butterfly wings can ultimately cause the typhoon halfway around the world. How my life is completely changing because someone here is just randomly involve me in her disappearance.

And then you came into my life and everything change.

"I never want to kidnap or kill you! But why you confront me and treat me as a murderer!? I already forgave you for ruining my plan but this is what I got!?" the gripping of his hands around my neck is tighten even more.

In the split of seconds when I was too stunned because of someone who I thought is my friend trying to strangle me, I finally managed to come back to this bitter reality.

"I'm not going to die here," I say to myself since I'm not able to say it to this motherfucker above me. I'm sticking into his gunshot wound with my fingernails, pressing it hard and deep on his flesh and making him scream in pain and loosening his strangle on me. I use this opportunity to poke his eyeballs with my fingers and kick him away on the chest. I immediately crawl as far as I could and try to get up. I have no idea where should I go, I cannot even think clearly but the most important thing right now is I need to stay alive!

"Where do you think you are going!?" he snatches my ankle and makes me fell to the ground.

I try to kick him in the face few times but it misses, instead my phone is thrown away from my jacket's pocket because of my rapid movements. My phone makes me remember with the swiss army knife that I bring this whole time which I have been keeping inside my pocket. I quickly grab the knife inside my jean pocket and pull out the knife then intend to stab him in his shoulder right away.

"Such a sneaky little girl, aren't you?" he sneers while gripping my wrist firmly; making me hard to stab him, while his other hand right now is strangling me again.

I grunt of pain around my neck and my wrist. The gripping on my wrist becomes more firm than before and makes me drop the knife beside me, Richy of course didn't miss this chance and let go his hand off my wrist and move it to my neck, pushing me hard to the ground even more; another round of strangling me to the death.

"Why...are...you...doing...this?" I whisper painfully, the oxygen capacity which I need is slowly decreasing but I still managed to think. I try to distract him with asking stupid and cliché question while my hand is sneakily reaching the knife.

"Because you make me pissed off! I tried to warn you over and over again, I told you my secret and you treat me as murderer!? Do you think I will let you walk out without getting some lesson, huh?" he threatens, his eyes are going darker and darker in every second.

"Shut...up...!" I state while swinging my hand which finally managed holding the army knife and try to stab him again. I'm not going to let every of your plans go your way!

It's been forever that I never thought I'm the main character even in my life. I always thought I'm just supporting character which even if I hadn't been there, no one would have noticed. But for once, my life has been changed. For once, many people notice and interact with me. For once, some people really need me in their lives. For once, someone said that I'm important and cannot lose me.

Everything in my life turned upside down because someone from the other side of this world sent my number. It's funny if you think about it. How one encounter can affect everything in your life, how one choice can change the whole route in your direction, how something as small as the butterfly wings can ultimately cause the typhoon halfway around the world. How my life is completely changing because someone here is just randomly involve me in her disappearance.

That's what I thought. But... who am I joking to anyway?

I will never be the main character. I'm just a supporting character who helps someone's storyline. I'm just a supporting character who helps Hannah's case. It doesn't matter if I hadn't been here all along, someone would take my position. Why am I working too hard for someone I never meet before? Why am I letting myself involved in this long nightmare? Why am I taking this stupid and reckless route? Why am I managed to sacrifice myself like this?

I cough in reflex; there is pain I can feel around my stomach area, it feels like the shirt and my jacket are damped because of something. Is it raining? But there is no water coming at all.

"Oh no no no..." Richy stutters then gets up from me. He puts his hands back of his head, the expression of him shows that he is panic.

What makes him so panic like that? I take a glance to the spot where he's been looking. Ah, it looks like I'm the one who got stabbed here. With all of these adrenaline rushes, I did not notice that. So I assume what my clothes feel damped is my blood? Wow, I never thought that a small knife can hurt someone like this. My brother will pay for this.

"This can't be happening, this can't be happening... I'm not the murderer, I'm not... this is not my fault!" Richy mutters before proceed to run away to the forest.

"Where are you going?" I try to get up and yell at him but neither of those things I can do. My voice is hoarse because of the strangulation I just had and my stomach is stabbed with my own weapon. This supporting character is getting really bad situation right now. Dear God above there, you are such a sadistic writer, don't you think? Putting me in this miserable scene when no one here to save me?

I giggle thinking about it, but even my laugh didn't help but hurt me so bad. I'm carefully lying on the ground and staring at the sky above me. Now, what should I do? Waiting for my own death while star gazing? But there are not stars at all, only the moon that is hiding behind the night's clouds. Why tonight's sky looks so sad and lonely?

I cannot allow you to put yourself in danger.

My ears suddenly rung with those words, I scoff remembering when Jake keeps saying that thing in every risky situation. Both of us are just two stubborn people who willing to die for each other. And it looks like that I'm finally the winner. I think I'm the winner.

"I'm so stupid, I should take defence class." I shut my eyelids tight, preventing to let the tears stream down on my face. But I failed, so I just let myself started crying. Quietly. In the middle of this unknown place. All by myself.

Waiting for who will come first... my death or the person I deem important?