Chapter 1.

I was still stunned with what just happened few minutes ago. Michael Hanson came and got shot twice, thanks to the Jack Daniels. Apparently, Dan is right with his confidence around the gun. But how unfortunate we lost our perpetrator; he was almost on our finger tips, vulnerable and invaded by bullets, but Thomas did not understand the assignment very well.

"God," I was sitting next to my bed and resting my head on the linen, staring above the ceiling of my studio. Both of my eyes are closing for a while as I was trying to reassure myself to remain calm. This nightmare that changed everyone's lives, this long nightmare is nearing the end... we almost reached the tunnel.

You only need to hold out a little longer, MC. We are nearing the end of our path.

I was massaging my temples while my mind is wandering, remembering every word of Jake said. You are better right about this, Jake. You better be right. While still changing gaze with my ceiling, my cellphone that vibrating pull me back to the reality. One message pops off from its screen, it's from Dan.

I have no clue since when Dan put his interest with me, put his trust on me. He is showing more positive demeanor toward me more than once. At first, how he told me about the reason he forgot his first day in Aurora because he took care of Lilly which put Jessy in difficult situation. I don't know if that counted though since I told him I would let him to help under one condition, which is telling his secret. But still, I had no clue if that was the secret. Then before Michael came, he told me the awful story about his father—or in this case, another douche bag—and right now, the man behind this screen was telling me another secret. How he testified against Phil.

MC: Jessy is going to kill you

I typed frankly, hoping him realized about what kind of future he will face.

DAN: I deserve that

Thankfully, he seems already prepared with what will happen next in his life; not just got stood up on date by the woman you love, but now you are the prey that ready to be hunted down by her. I glance to the screen as the pencil icon is disappeared.

DAN: No word yet from hackerboy?

MC: No, Jake hasn't sent me any new messages

I frowned toward my cellphone, as if I could see Dan's face. I know where this is going.

MC: I can practically hear your undertone

DAN: He missed all the action

DAN: When everything went crazy up in here

DAN: He was just gone

DAN: Kinda weird, isn't it

I narrowed my eyes toward his last text, sending him my replies right away.

MC: What are you trying to say?

MC: You think Jake is the kidnapper?

MC: That's ridiculous

DAN: I'm just saying

DAN: Hackerman disappears

DAN: Crowface turns up

DAN: Pretty weird

DAN: But what do I know

Jake is always such a red flag to Dan, after knowing his story about his father, I kind of understand Dan. He just worries and wants to protect his friends. Jake has done everything to help for finding Hannah and now Richy, he already proved that he is one of the good guys, but still and all, Jake is still such a danger to him. I just wish I could tell Dan and the others that Jake is Hannah and Lilly's half-brother and this kind of misunderstand will just be vanished and they can fully trust him.

I tossed my phone to my side and not reply him again. I don't think it's wise to reply Dan any longer; I'm afraid I will be full of rage and end up spilling the beans. I stood up from my position and walk out to the kitchen, feeling to have a cup of tea to calm down my nerve. Tonight feels longer more than ever.

Having cup of tea indeed managed to send the signal toward my body to loosen up a little bit, but seems like God hates me because when I'm back to my bed, there is new message that I wished I never got.

UNKNOWN: MC

UNKNOWN: There is a hatch in the ground close to the waterfall at the Grimrock

UNKNOWN: Beneath that is a tunnel which leads to the Ironsplinter Mine

UNKNOWN: That's where Hannah and Richy are

I gasped after reading the messages; I put my cup next to me and concentrate to every word there. Grimrock. Ironsplinter Mine. Hannah and Richy. I clenched my jaw trying to process everything that happens. So, that's why Alan couldn't find them, because there is secret passage that everyone didn't know.

MC: Why are you telling me this?

UNKNOWN: I will let them both go

UNKNOWN: Under one condition

No. I already knew what his intention. LadyLotus from Dark Mystery Forum already warned me about the offer I will meet in the future and she said I should decline it. But, Michael suddenly turned to me and gave all the details about where Hannah and Richy are. It means he trusts me, it means he also wants it to end. Without another stage of overanalyzing, I was writing him again, trying to know what is the demand.

MC: What is the condition?

UNKNOWN: I want you to come to Duskwood

MC: What?

UNKNOWN: Nobody will get hurt

After everything that happened, only for me to come to Duskwood? For what, Michael? Why is it so important for you that I come to Duskwood?

MC: Why, Michael?

MC: Do you really think I believe you?

MC: After everything you have done to us?

UNKNOWN: Come to the Grimrock and they are free to go

UNKNOWN IS NOW OFFLINE

He didn't answer any of my questions and just went offline. I check my screen to see if Jake is online and hoping him to read along our messages, but he's still missing. I didn't think twice and let my fingers typing some messages toward Michael.

MC: Sure, but please wait a little longer. I'm kind of far away from your comfy place right now

MC: And don't message me until I do

UNKNOWN IS NOW ONLINE

UNKNOWN IS NOW OFFLINE

No doubt I almost tear up while my fingers were trying to delete some messages that Michael and I have discussed earlier right away; removing the evidences so Jake would never knew Michael's demand toward me. It feels so wrong, but I know it's the right thing to do.