Chapter 4: Holding You

I lay on my bed and didn't even realize when I fell asleep.

"Oh, stop it! You Bitch! I exactly know what you were tryna do there! Do you think I'm blind? DO YOU THINK I'M BLIND? I saw you "casually" flirting with that dickhead waiter. Don't you dare try to explain that shit to me!" He shouted at me in anger after that dreadful date of ours.

"But baby, it's not like that! I wasn't flirting. I was helping him after you know what you did." I said in a very calming voice.

"Did I ask for your explanation? DID I? I saw how the waiter was looking at you. So pitiful. So thirsty for you. And you...You didn't even try to look away and focus on our date. You were busy seducing the waiter as well!"

"Honey, I wasn't seducing him. I-" He cut me off. "God! Stop giving me fucking explanations!" He shouted.

"Then what the hell do you want!? Huh? You want me to fuck you? To make it up to you? Gosh, Charlie, when will you stop feeling insecure about us? I am yours! How many times do I have to keep reminding you this?" I said and touched his arm to relax him, which was of no use though 'cause he was in complete anger. And his eyes were completely dark blue. As if he was a different person right now.

"You can stop. I know all of your techniques. How you seduce me. How you make me feel pity for you." He said, "No, Charlie. I don't-" He cut me.

"Cut it out, bitch. I know! And you don't have to make it up to me or something. You are gonna pay!" He said.

"Pay? Babe, what do you mean?" I say in complete confusion as a wild smirk approach his face.

---

"Where are you taking me?" I asked him. "Just follow me." He instructed, and I did as he said cause what else can I even do.

"Why are we going to the basement?" I asked, and he didn't reply.

"Charlie? Why are you taking me to the basement?" I asked again, and still, he didn't reply. He pulled out the key from his pocket and opened the door.

He put a hand on my shoulder and pushed me inside, locking the door from the outside.

"Charlie? What the hell! Why would you lock me here?" I shouted, constantly banging the door, begging him to open it.

"This is what you get for flirting with the waiter! Now starve in here for a few days!" He replied, and I heard his footsteps slowly fading away.

"He left me here all alone!" I whispered to myself and started wandering around.

"It's so cold in here." It was mid-December, and I was wearing a short dress, making me feel cold even more.

"How am I ever gonna survive here?" I said to myself. The place was dirty, and it seemed like no one had ever been there. I found a spot near one of the almirahs and a cloth over it. I picked up the cloth and cleaned the spot. I sat there, and tears rushed down my face.

"How could someone who loves me ever do that? I never expected Charlie to be this possessive and toxic!" I wanted to run away, far from him, but this felt impossible. It was like I was stuck with him.

Realizing all of these things made me cry even more, and that night I ended up crying myself to sleep.

---

I jerk awake as the flashback ends. "God, why are these flashbacks coming again!? Couldn't they just end? I'm sick of 'em!" I said to myself as I checked the time on my clock.

"5:00 in the morning? When did I fall asleep? Whatever. There's no point in going back to bed and continuing the nightmare. I'll just go and run an errand." I said and stood up from my bed. I quickly wore my tracksuit and went out of the house.

I started warming up and doing my regular routine. Once I completed it, I started jogging on my regular track.

While I was jogging, my mind was out of the zone. It was like I was physically there but mentally somewhere else. My legs were running on their own, and it was like I had no control over them. My heart was heavy, and it felt like I would cry at any moment. To numb the feeling, I closed my eyes and let my legs have complete control over me.

My legs stopped in the middle of I don't know where. I opened my eyes to see where I was when I saw I was standing in the middle of the road and a car was coming towards me at full speed. My legs were jammed, and It felt hard to move from the spot.

I closed my eyes and tried to take in reality. Ready to get hit by the car any moment.

But suddenly, I felt someone hold me by my waist and jump along with me to the side of the road, where the car couldn't hit both of us. I opened my eyes to see who saved me from getting hit by the car and it was...Louis! I was underneath him, and we both were staring into each other's eyes like nothing was going around all of us. I looked deep into his ocean blue eyes, and it felt like I was drowning in them. Cliché. Yeah, I know! But it's the truth! That's what I was feeling like right now.

Louis broke the eye contact and stood up. He helped me get up too and burst into anger.

"What were you thinking standing in front of the car!?" Louis shouted.

"Don't shout at me! And I don't have to give an explanation to you." I stated.

"I don't want an explanation about how you "were feeling numb and all." I just want to know one thing." He said and held me from my waist so softly like I was a flower and would break any moment if he held it tightly.

"What do you want to know?" I asked, looking straight into his eyes.

"You weren't trying to kill yourself. Were you?" He asked, and numbness once again took over me. I wanted to reply to him, but I just couldn't. Was I really tryna kill myself? I don't know...

"Haida? Were you?" He asked again, and I tried to reply but couldn't. God, what is wrong with me!? "Will you speak?" Louis said in complete annoyance removing his hand from my waist.

"No. I am over that phase." I said, and Louis nodded. "What do you mean by phase?" He asked.

"God, you ask so many questions!" I said in complete annoyance.

"It's because I want to know what happened!" He said, and I dramatically rolled my eyes. "Haida. I'm serious! I want to know what happened!"

"As if," I said and looked away. Trying to ignore eye contact and "drown" in his eyes. What was I even thinking? Louis pulled me towards himself from my waist, and we were only inches away.

"You know, I'm trying so hard to fit in here. I'm trying to catch up with all of the things I missed here, but people like you are making it so hard for me which is annoying. You guys have guarded yourself so high that even if someone has changed he is forced to show them the bad side." He said, and this time I was actually listening to the things he had to say.

"You probably aren't listening to what I'm saying right now, and that's okay because I will try my 100% to fit in here before giving up." He continued, and I felt a bit guilty when he mentioned I wasn't listening cause I was! He removed his hand from my waist, but I still stood there like he still had something to say.

"But you know once I give up, it will be over." He said and went away from the place. I stood there for a while but shrugged it all away because I don't care about anyone anymore. I am not a people pleaser anymore. That Haida died long ago, and this is new me. I returned to my home and got ready for school. I know I said I don't care, but all this time Louis didn't leave my mind, and I was constantly thinking about him. I even tried to keep myself distracted but failed. I'll just talk to him at school. 

-----

(A/N: Almost a month since I last saw ya'll. I am so sorry for the late updates but lemme tell you a fact, I completed this chapter in 2 days! Guess I just required dedication. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed reading the chapter. Make sure to vote and comment your theories (if any obv). I'd love to read them. No promises on the next update.)

Have a great day! 

I love youuuuuu 💞