Confession [Sam x Jim]

Sam was climbing in the shrouds since he finished his tasks earlier that day while Jim was still scrubbing his part of the deck. They decided to split the work up but the 16 year old was faster, like always. "Can you help me here?", shouted Jim up to the fellow cabin boy. "No way! I already washed a huge part of your dishes. You can scrub yourself.", answered Sammy, snickering at the bored expression of the other teen. "Yeah whatever...", mumbled the 15 year old and got back to work. "C'mon buddy. Don't be like that. We have free time after.", smiled Sam and winked, causing the younger to blush a little. "Right.", nodded Jim and kept going to finish as fast as possible. Sammy giggled at the sight of his friend. They had a little secret they kept from the others, especially Silver. Whenever the two boys had free time, they sneaked to the longboats or a storage room to relax and most importantly...to eat the stolen snacks they hoarded there. Silver didn't like it when they ate something before meals since they wouldn't eat anything at all when they were actually supposed to. When Jim finally finished, he put everything away and went down to the longboats with Sam. "Where do ya think yer goin'?" The teens looked back and saw Grewnge standing at the top of the stairs. "We...we're supposed to clean down here. In the storage room.", answered Sammy, not showing how nervous he was. The alien nodded and left again. Jim let out a sigh of relief and trotted behind the older to their secret stash. "That was close buddy.", commented the 16 year old. "Yeah. We have to be more careful.", nodded the other cabin boy. They got the little chest they've hidden in a pile of ropes and climbed in the boat. "Here you go.", said Jim and gave Sam a chocolate bar. "Yes! Chocolate!", smiled the youngest pirate excited and ripped the wrapping open. Jim just chuckled at his behavior and ate one himself. Sammy looked over and stared at his friend. He always acted like a bratty teenager but when it was only them, Jim was calm. He looked so peaceful whatever he was doing. "Sammy? Dude, you're okay?", asked the 15 year old, snapping Sam out of his thoughts. "Yeah... I'm fine. I'm okay.", answered the older quickly and grabbed a bag of gummy bears. "Are you sure?" "Yeah. Absolutely.", nodded Sam, a slight blush formed on his cheeks. "You were staring.", stated Jim with a smirk. "Maybe...", muttered Sammy, loud enough for his friend to understand. The other teen was taken aback by that. He didn't expect him to admit it without him pushing the 16 year old on edge. "Wait really? You just admit it?", asked Jim confused. "Why should I hide it when you obviously noticed it?", asked Sam back. "Besides, you stare at me whenever I have training, when we work or when we're eating. Don't think I haven't noticed that.", stated the older and ate the gummy bears. Now it was Jim who's blushing furiously and tried to hide it by turning away. "Shut up...", grumbled the younger and ate his chocolate. "Why are you blushing now?~", smirked Sammy and leaned over to Jim. "I'm not!", said the 15 year old and moved away from the older teen. Sam just shrugged and kept eating his sweets. "Wanna play a game?", asked Sammy suddenly. "Sure...why not.", answered Jim unsure. "What game?" "Like truth or dare but without dare. I played it with the others sometimes. When you didn't answer, you have to drink. I had juice tho.", explained Sam. "I was worried for a second.", laughed the 15 year old and nodded. "Sure. Let's play. You go first first." Sam looked up and thought about a question. "Have you ever been arrested?", asked the teen. "Dang. Right in the bullseye. No, not yet. Almost got tho.", answered Jim with a nervous chuckle. "No way! Why?", asked Sam surprised. "Solar surfing in a forbidden area...multiple times.", smiled the 15 year old. "Not proud of it." Sam laughed and waited for Jim's question. "Alright Sammy...what was the most embarrassing situation you got caught in?" "Well...got stuck in the shrouds once when I was 9. I wanted to proof something to the others and made a fool out of me.", chuckled Sam. The game went on for around half an hour until Sammy asked the final question. "Alright Jim. Last question and remember, answer honestly.", said the youngest pirate. "Always.", nodded Jim. "Do you have a crush on someone?" That caught the 15 year old off guard and he stared at his fellow cabin boy. "I'm sorry?" "You heard me. You want me to specify?", asked Sammy calm. "What is there to specify?!", questioned the younger teen embarrassed, his cheeks turning into a light shade of pink. "Do you have a crush on me?", asked Sam then causing Jim to blush in a dark red now. "Why would you asked that?" The 16 year old shrugged and smiled at him innocent. "Obvious reactions from your side. The staring, the blushing, laughing at my dumb jokes, smiling and being calm when you're around me. You're not really good at hiding things buddy.", pointed Sam out and waited for a reaction. "I-I...damn it.", stuttered Jim, accepting his defeat. "You. I have a crush on you...you were right.", he admitted after a few minutes of silence and lifted his hand to hide his blush and because of embarrassment. "Look at me.", said Sam. "Please." The younger sighed and looked back at his friend. "I like you too.", confessed Sammy and scratched the back of his neck. "Wait really?", asked Jim surprised. "Yeah really.", nodded Sam and sighed in relief because he didn't had to hide it anymore. "Do you...want to go out with me? We could turn our 'free time sneak off's' into dates.", suggested the 15 year old. "Weren't they always like dates?", laughed Sam and his friend joined him. The younger leaned on Sammy's shoulder and closed his eyes while the older put his arm around his soon to be boyfriend.