~ GAMMA VELORUM ~

Start from the beginning

"This'll only take a minute. Then you're free." Kat said. "I'll be right back."

Bridge sat down next to Astrid on the bed. He looked at the monitor on her wrist and watched the numbers. "Do you know if they have anything on your heart yet?" He asked.

Astrid shook her head. "Not that I know of. But I doubt it." She answered. "How long till all those supplies come in for whatever you guys are building?"

Bridge shrugged. "I think in about a month or two. Maybe three. It's galaxies away. Unfortunately it's going to take a while. But I'm hopeful that the machine could finally work once it's here. Though, I'm not sure how it's going to work."

"Maybe it's still in the works with Kat. I'm sure a lot of things are going to change before the supplies get here."

"It makes me nervous thinking about it."

Astrid turned to him confused. "You're nervous? I'm the one they're experimenting on, how are you nervous?" Astrid asked.

"I just want things to turn out good for you. I don't want to lose you." Bridge frowned.

Astrid frowned at his words. She knew it was gonna come to this. And she tried warning him. How was it that pushing him away only brought him closer? She hated it.

Astrid reached for his hand and squeezed it tightly. "Please don't get your hopes up." She pleaded. "We're still not sure what could happen."

"I know." Bridge nodded. "But I'm still going to pray that it works. I want you to live your life to the fullest. I think seeing that will make me happy. But there really is no hope left in you, is there?"

Astrid shook her head. "I spent the last ten years waiting for my death and wishing to die as soon as possible. There really isn't a way to change my mind unfortunately. Give me five years, then maybe I'll have some hope for once."

"Let's hope it comes to that." Bridge leaned forward and placed a kiss to her forehead. Astrid then rested her head on his shoulder.

"I'm back." Kat said. She reached for Astrid's arm and took off the tube on her arm. "All done."

"Finally." Astrid hopped off the bed and stretched her arms. "What now?"

"I need you to help out Sam in the command center real quick."

"I'm guessing it's for his undercover mission?" Astrid asked. Kat nodded in response. "Alright, then I'll see you guys later."

Bridge watched in jealousy and she left the room. He knew there wasn't anything to be jealous of. But with the little time they possibly have, he wanted her all to himself.
~

"Thanks for helping me out for this undercover mission." Sam thanked.

"It's not a problem. I'm here if anyone needs help." Astrid said.

"May I ask, what exactly are you doing?" Sam asked.

"I'm trying to figure out a way to attach this mic to your helmet. That way when you're undercover in your light form, you could still talk to us about what's going on. If anything were to happen, you'll tell us and we'll send out the Rangers for backup."

"Good idea. Better to be safe than to not be." Sam gave thumbs up.

Astrid fixed up one last thing and then put all the materials back. "All done. It should work just fine now. Wanna give it a shot."

"Sure." Sam quickly turned into his light form and floated around the room. "Testing. Testing."

Astrid could immediately hear his voice through the communicator. "Perfect." She smiled.