Chapter 5

After dinner, everyone went to their own room. I tried to catch up with Asu, but she had already left. So now I stood in front of her room, which was right in front of Kyoko's. Although surprisingly someone else was interested in talking to her too.

"My my, I didn't realize I needed to wait in line to talk with her."

The accent belong to none other than Celeste.

"Oh, well uh... I just... you know uh... I actually have to go to my room!"

Any ounce of courage I gathered to knock on her door vanished in an instant and I fled to my room.

I sighed before getting ready for bed.

I thought back of what happened today... her chuckled... her smile... it brought me warmth... the comfort I had with her when we were younger...

It felt... different than with Sayaka... unlike Sayaka... Asu made me feel at ease... she always had that cold but comforting aura... She will appear distant and cold, but in her arms it's nothing but warm...

And with that in mind... I started thinking back of when we first met...

(Back in elementary school)

It was a cold day in February. Everyone was excited to find out if they had received Valentine's day card...

Although for me... I already expected nothing.

It's not that people hated me, not at all in fact, but I was more of a loner and no one really came up to talk to me.

So when I found a single card in the little box hanging from my desk, I was surprised, to say the least.

I opened the card and inside was a note written in beautiful handwriting. It looked way more mature than the others, but still was a child's handwriting.

*Hello Makoto,

I hope you're having a wonderful Valentine's Day. Can you please meet me at the swings at lunch? I want to hang out with you.

A.S.*

And so I did as the letter said.

When I arrived, I saw Asu sitting on one of the swings.

I walked up to her, "H-hey, you wanted to hang out?"

She got up and smiled, "Yeah! I mean no one should be alone on Valentine's Day sooo I thought it would be fun to hang out!"

Asu was a little like me, not hated but more of a loner.

That day... was the first step towards years of friendship.

(Back to the present)

I got out of my thoughts and smiled... Hopefully, tomorrow will let me see that smile again...