Chapter 21- "Ready to face the infinitely torturous wrath of mother's?"

Start from the beginning

He stepped forward, ever so slightly, so that the scent of the lemongrass lingering on his skin washed over me. I sniffed a little, and he smirked, noticing.

"How are you, baby doll?"

I smiled, looking down at my feet. Our feet.

"I'm great." I whispered. How close he was to me was unnerving, yet electrifying. I smirked a little, glancing back up at him. "But I don't think you are, seeing as you took about two hours getting ready." I replied.

He grinned evilly. "Sorry if I want to look good in my romantic fantasies, baby doll." He paused and winked. "And yours."

I blushed bright red, before pushing past him to the car. "We have to go." I mumbled. Harper chuckled behind me. I walked to the car, pulling at my fingers.

"Noelle and Harper, I'm sorry but we don't have quite enough space in the car so you will have to squish up a bit!" My mom called out. I snapped towards her, giving her a disbelieving look. She winked and I groaned.

"Can't we take another car?" I answered, still stuck to the spot on the pavement. She shook her head.

"Sorry, I'm afraid Harper's is in repair and Maggie has let one of her friends borrow one." My mom winked. I glared at her, before slipping into the car, next to Lana and Jenna in the three seater. Mom was driving and Maggie was next to her. I moved along a little bit, so that Harper could sit beside me.

"Mom, can't Lana sit in my lap?"

My mom shook her head. "She'll bang her head."

I huffed, watching as Harper slid in next to me, a smirk very evident on his face. It was so squished in the back of the car, that one of my legs was on top of Harper's knees. The moms chatted as the car started. Harper took this opportunity to whisper in my ear.

"Anything wrong with being so close to me, baby doll?" he muttered huskily.

This is exactly the reason.

Because you make me as nervous as a guy in a Victoria's Secret shop.

We sat in comfortable silence for a while, and every now and then, Harper leaned forward, as if to tell me something again, before leaning back in his seat reluctantly.

He was nervous.

Holy mother of chocolate biscuits.

Finally, I turned to face him. "What do you want to say?"

He widened his eyes, startled, before softening. "I didn't get to tell you that you looked beautiful. Amazing, actually." He smiled slightly, a heartbreaking grin that hit my heart.

I grinned, feeling even more amazing.

He thinks I look beautiful.

I turned to look at the front of the car again, a smile still on my face.

Finally, we arrived at the restaurant. Harper got out, and I expected him to walk away, but instead, he offered a hand to me. I raised an eyebrow. "When did you become a gentleman?"

He rolled his eyes. "I've always been a gentleman, babe. How do you think I get all the girls? Just with my astonishing, jaw dropping, mind blowing good looks?"

"Wow, Andrews," I drawled. "That must have taken a long time to think of. You know, big words."

Mental high five, Noelle!

I have to admit, getting him all riled up like that was funny. Harper's jaw dropped. I helped myself out of the car, dismissing Harper's outstretched hand. As I passed him, I tapped his chin, ignoring the sparks. "Close that. You'll swallow a fly." I giggled, before speeding up to catch up with everyone else. I heard Harper curse behind me, before his footsteps raced after me.