CHAPTER 19

Juno

I still have no idea how long I've been here but at least I have Theo, she's still cold and robotic like but she's enough to help with the boredom. She went back to putting her mask, which was sad, because she had such a pretty face.

"So you're telling me that because you argued with Vigor he changed your position from a royal guard to a prison guard" I said with a loud gasp, Theo told me she's been a descendent from royal guards just like Vega's family. She was training to be Vega's personal guard in the future but Vigor being the asshole he is made a stupid comment.

He told her, that his sister needs a better guard who's stronger someone from his little minions and as well as calling Theo bad at her job. So she replied, that he also needs a guard cause he obviously looks like he can't defend himself. And that little sentence, made him upset and that's how she ended up here.

"He's always been the least intelligent. Vega and I were friends since childhood but as soon as she was of age, her mother made sure to put out there how royals shouldn't be in the same level as guards" she said with a long sigh, this seemed to be a touchy subject because she must've liked her job specially if she was gonna hangout with her friend most of the time.

"Damn that's fucked up" I replied as I stared at the ceiling, I heard the door open and I looked at the comer. I rolled my eyes and laid back down with my arms and legs spread.

"Theo, you're dismissed." She said to Theo, the guard looked at her for a second before bowing respectfully and going away.

"I can explain" I heard her say making me laugh loudly, not the genuine one but the fake sarcastic laugh in disbelief one.

"I swear, at first. Our plan was to get your location because those were our orders but when I met you..." She stopped to think about it,  she was wearing a black long robe just like Vigors.

"... I didn't know what I was feeling but I knew one thing Juno" she said with a sigh, I heard her step closer to where I was laying.

"I knew that what I was feeling was genuine towards you, I realized that you were the sweetest and most interesting human I've ever met" she said sitting on the bed behind me, all what she said was going right through one ear and left from the other. What I don't understand is how cruel she was to use me, emotionally and physically and call it feelings.

"Stop with the bullshit Vega, I thought you were something. I thought you were actually innocent" I felt my bottom twitch as the words left my mouth remembering how my heart would skip a beat when she got too close or when she smiled at a random cat. I stood up still not facing her, I pushed my hair out of my face in frustration.

"I wish I never met you..." I whispered knowing very well she heard it loud and clear.

"If only you didn't look at me the way you did, making me think you actually cared. If only I didn't follow my heart..." I cried out, I felt hands grab on both my shoulders and squeeze them softly. I pushed her hands roughly and finally turned to look at her.

"I was ready to do it all for you, I was ready to try even if you were on your mother's side. But I'll never forgive you for lying and betraying me Vega, don't ever dream about my forgiveness" the words left my mouth like venom and I saw how hurt she was from her facial expressions, guilt and sadness, but she deserved more than just simple words.

"I understand Juno, I'm sorry for putting you in danger. I promise I did not call Vigor to get you, I did not. I was going to cancel everything..." she stepped closer,

"...for you" unconsciously my hand moved and slapped her across the face. Those were the same words she said to me completely making me fall for the biggest lie, I was blinded with how soft and attractive she was, that I couldn't see through her manipulation.

"When you kissed me...I felt like I was out of this world. I felt like I finally found the missing piece to my broken self..." I let out as heavy tears run down my cheeks. She was still holding the spot where I slapped her while staring at the ground.

"But God I was so wrong, it was all a lie...what a shame" I whispered wiping my tears on my sleeves. It was very hard to let the words out because she was literally everything I looked for in a person, I didn't have my hopes up but she made me feel like there was actually something going on. What a waste of heartbeats...

"I never once thought you could be this heartless, but oh well. What's done is done, I'm tired of getting my heart toyed with everytime. When I find a way to get out, you'll be the first one on my death note" I smiled dryly, she sighed and finally looked up at me with watery eyes. She cleared her throat and fixed her posture.

"That's why I'm here, your mother and I have made a plan to get you out" she said shakily but also in all seriousness, I rolled my eyes so hard and bumped her shoulder before going to lay on my bed.

"I know you don't believe me, but I'll find a way to let you talk to Gaia she'll confirm..." She started,

"On the day of Starla's awakening, I'll try to prevent my mother from killing her so she'll fully be of power. Hopefully nothing goes wrong" she explained before walking to the door, the glass opened and she stepped out. She snapped her fingers at someone and Theo made her way towards us. How rude...

"But for now, you'll have to stay here." She said coldly before Theo could hear her then went out of my sight. The guard gave me a confused look before locking the door, I sighed in annoyance and laid back on the bed.

"Well you don't look as cheerful as before" I heard the guard say, I was feeling like shit from seeing Vega's face. I have no idea what to do, should I really believe what she said about Starla and my mom. About this whole plan.

After a long minute of silence, I heard Theo speak to me once again.

"Wanna play?"

I looked to my side and she was showing me the screen on her hand. I couldn't help but smile, she wanted to play X-O with me again. I jumped from my bed excitedly and went to the glass wall.

"Ready to lose again?" I asked smugly, she tilted her head to the side to look at me and I kinda felt nervous under her masked stares, then she turned to stare at her screen.

"There is no way I'm losing this time" she mumbled cutely, she sounded so dedicated to beat me in a game of X-O. I giggled at her response and we started playing. At least she kept me busy from all what's going on, and I couldn't be more thankful.

******************************************
Hello! I was gonna update earlier than this but I had to go to Lhammam, it's the public bath, it's a Moroccan thing. It's a place where all women go to bathe, Google it ;) (Moroccan Hammam).

And yes everyone is fuckin naked, but don't get your hopes up, sometimes very hot women sometimes old saggy grandmas T-T

Anyways,

-S