Chapter Sixty-three: I love you

Xyra's viewpoint

   The door slammed on the wall violently, almost making the hinges fall out. Carswell stomped into the room furiously, growling as his heavy steps threatened to break the floor beneath his feet. I was behind him, quietly walking behind him because I knew I had to let him pace before he would listen.

   As usual, I walked over to the bed and sat down. I crossed my legs and watched him begin to pace as he angrily screamed about my recklessness and selfishness and how I care more for Selene than I care for him and our pups. Again, it was amusing to watch.

   His worry wasn't overreaction, he had every right to be worried because the process could kill me or Majesty or us both and if it went completely bad, I could lose one of the babies in the process. I hadn't even told him they were four and the way I was seeing it, I knew it was very much better to keep my mouth shut. It was selfish of me to think like that, but I hoped that if I do lose one child, he wouldn't know because he knew of two. The only problem was that I could lose any of them and others lives were on the line.

   If I lost Leidyana, it meant I officially ruined Álváró's life. If I lost either of the boys, Ysadora was as good as miserable. And, Majesty wasn't agreeing to the losing any of the children idea. I didn't want it too, but I didn't have a choice than to hope that nothing would happen. After all, I got pregnant for a reason.

   "Carswell, are you done now?" I asked when he stopped pacing and stood still, just tapping his right foot angrily. He shot me a deadly glare. I rolled my eyes away to look at the leopard printed rug. The bed pressed down, making me turn my head to look at my agitated mate who had joined me in the bed.

   "Xyra," he whimpered, reaching his hands out to pull me into his arms. I got on my knees and crawled into his waiting arms. He gently slammed my head to his chest and engulf me in his waving warmth. He held on to me so painfully tight, but I wasn't going to complain.

   "I know this is what you have to do, but I can't help but worry because I am supposed to. Xyra, I don't know what I'll do if anything should ever happen to you," he said with a hoarse voice, "I don't want to lose either of you, and I can't stop you?"

   "You can't, Cassie, this is what I must do. I believe I can do it, I have to." I whispered. His heart hammered against his chest and my ear, the frantic rhythm almost bringing tears to my eyes.

   "How do you… How would you do it?"

   "By combining my hydrokinesis, psychokinesis and magic, I can manipulate my form and pull her out of me. It's hard to explain, but I know what to do. The real problem with the separation is the pregnancy. There are five possibilities right now: it would be a complete failure and we both die, either one of us die and leave the other, one or all the babies die, they share themselves in us which would be bad for Majesty since she needs to fight, or it would be successful."

   "And how is that supposed to help me feel better!" Carswell shouted with panic. "How am I supposed to feel knowing you could die! I don't want to have you without Majesty or Majesty without you or even the babies! Xyra, I love you, I can't live without either of you," I took in a deep breath. He just had to say it. I was waiting for him to say it but I hoped it wouldn't be until after everything was over.

   "You don't have to say it back, Xyra, I know how you feel," he murmured, burying his hand into my scalp, "I just want you to…"

   "I'll be fine, Carswell, I promise. I don't want to die, I don't want to leave either of you or die before our babies are born. I promise you, I will try everything until…" I paused and raised myself from his chest, my ears perking from who was running to our bedroom.

   "Not him again," Carswell growled. He gently pushed me off him and stood up. He stomped to the open door to catch Álváró before he gets to me. Álváró flickered pass him and jumped into my arms. I laughed as I caught him.

   "Do you have to be everywhere," Carswell complained, "we were in the middle of…"

   "Aunty, Leidyana came to me again! She came! She came!" He squealed. Carswell scoffed while I chuckled. "She said I should help you complete the separation or older brother would be the one to go," Carswell inhale sharply, "and mummy might lose Majesty too after the battle. So, I'll help you, I know what to do now!"

   "Really?" A tear slipped down from my eye. I sniffed and he wiped it off for me. My daughter who wasn't born yet was already helping me. It meant she was that powerful. "Oh, and she showed me her grandmother, your real mother,"

Of course, her soul was with Selene. Not surprise.

   "Granny Moon said that you all must start before the end of seven days, or you will never be able to stop Myrtle. Myrtle has a new plan. She is going to take over the body of the dragon demon and drain the powers of the remaining two. That way, she would become a goddess. You must stop her, aunty, and fast."

And I thought things couldn't get worse.

Asia's viewpoint

   I watched the three powerful ancients walk around, observing my throne room. Myrtle and I felt the same revulsion for them, but the dragon was actually kind of handsome. Let's just say I like men who knows how to work their way around fire.

   "What do we do about them? We can't trust them. We are supposed to rule the entire world but those two wants to rule too. And the dragon wants Olympics for himself." I mentally told Myrtle. It was the bitter truth. While the vampire wanted to rule over his own and enslave humans, the lycan wanted to do the same to the werecanids. Either way, they ought not to be any except me.

   "I have found a way for me to gain total victory and become a god," Myrtle said. I closed my eyes so I could see her face and so she could see mine. "I have the powers to possess any soul if they fall for my charms, in other words, I will possess the dragon and use him to drain the life force of the remaining two. He is nearly a god and by taking the remaining two, he would become a demi god. Then once the lycan dragon's heart is eaten, he would become a full blooded demon god. With me controlling him, I would be unstoppable."

   "But what about me?"

   "You shall receive your reward for loyalty once I gather enough powers to recreate my body and claim a pedestal. Once I become a goddess, you will become the one on earth to rule, like the lycan king who worships Selene. Together, Asia, we would rule."

   I rolled my eyes. "You seem to be forgetting one important detail; there are more than three hundred gods up there. How are you…"

   "They cannot stop me when I rightfully got there. Even if I use the demon as an easy entrance, it is the same thing. He has the right to become one after draining the others and taking the heart, and me being inside of him would make it possible for me too. Don't worry about it, Asia, I know the ways of the gods. The only issue now is how we are going to get the dragon to bring down his defence long enough for me to get in. Asia, I leave it to you."

   Leave it to me, the most beautiful and elegant temptress in the whole wide world. Carswell's evil intention to turn me to a armless hag was unsuccessful. How could it be when I had so much powers? What use is it if I can't use it to create another arm?

This ought to be a piece of cake.