ath. twelve

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Twelve

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

  ❝ Lucas and Athanasia ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

For all Claude could know, that is that Lucas will never make a move out to Athanasia. Except when he finally gives his blessing to the magician, which will never happen, by the way. But a certain news flew from Emerald Palace to his. And that is...

"Princess Athanasia like Lucas," said Felix in a low voice as he tried to be calm as possible. But damn, Claude is a ticking time bomb as he is, what more would it be when he finds out his daughter's having a crush?

Claude remained silent.

Felix turned to glance at Claude when he saw him glaring at the air, while his elbows are at the table and gripping his hands so hard. He was probably praying to a God to kill Lucas. But oh-so God can't help in this situation. Only a father can deal with this.

"Sire?" Felix called Claude. As if he was let out of a trance, Claude blink a few times and turned to Felix with an arched eyebrow. "You're not.. planning to kill Lucas, don't you?" he asked in a worried tone.

All Felix have heard is a frustrated sigh, and a groan from his friend and master. Really, it's really confusing, worrying and sometimes annoying for Felix to have this kind of master. If it weren't for them being 'friends', then maybe Felix wouldn't even consider this job. But, oh well. Claude is still a good guy, sometimes. He can manage.

"I'll be resting early today, Felix." Claude said in a low voice as he continued reading the documents, related to that trade between Artlanta and Obelia. "Have the maids ready my bed."

"You're sleeping in your bed, Your Majesty?" Felix repeated Claude's words as he looked at him with shock.

Claude glared at Felix for a second, which made the red-head step back, as he said, "I just said that, Felix. Have your hearing gotten worse?"

"I apologize, Your Majesty. I will do as you say." Felix apologized, as he went ahead of Claude who'll be done in a moment.

He just needed to read the monthly reports of nobles regardings to trades, stability of peace, crimes and the suspiscious troop near the coastal part of Obelia. Claude have some knowledge of the future, yes, but the troops near the coastal part.. 'Must be Anastacius.' Claude thought as he suddenly stood up and didn't even finish his work.

Instead, he went to the Emerald Palace and find Athanasia. He found his little daughter at her playroom, with lots of books floating and the seats and sofas' floating. Claude looked up and saw Athanasia smilling widely as she hugged Lucas. And of course, Lucas didn't reject.

"Athanasia," Claude called as it really startled Lucas. As Lucas wanted to be on his good side because of his daughter, he can't really ignore, deny and reject that said daughter. "And Lucas. Why are things floating?" Claude added as he looked around and all of the things are really floating.

"Papa!" Athanasia stood up and waved at him. "Isn't Lucas amazing?! He's really good at magic!" Athanasia awed as she complimented Lucas even more, making the guy flustered. But all Claude can see is red. "Can you do it too, Papa?"

"Of course." Claude replied as if it was really easy as he reached for Athanasia who're in front of him. He then, carried her as he they headed outside leaving Lucas at the playroom. "Say.." Claude mumbled as he looked at Athanasia, who stared at him  lovingly. "Do you like Lucas?"

"Of course!" Athanasia didn't even hesitate answering as she smiled widely. Claude was about to curse the warlock inside in his mind when he heard Athanasia's following words. "But, I like Papa the most! Oh, and then Lily and Felix..."

Claude chuckled at his daughter's antics. "Is that so?"

"Lucas is nice, right, Papa? Lucas said he'll treat Athy when she's sick." Athy started rambling as Claude nodded.

'When he's not making moves on you.' Claude thought as he said, "Yes, he is."

"Lucas is pretty too, but Papa is more prettier, hehe." Athanasia added as she giggled.

Claude softly sighed, as he patted Athanasia's head. "Is this your way of saying you like Lucas?" he asked Athanasia with no hesitation as he tried to take deep breaths in secret. Although Athanasia's smile didn't falter, Claude definitely noticed her freezing at the question. "Have i said something wrong, perhaps? Why are you frozen?"

Sometimes... Claude is really clueless about things. Probably because of his childhood, or because he's just not interested to know. However, at this moment, the air between his daughter and him had become awkward for the first time in this life.

"Papa... W, why are you asking?" Athanasia asked Claude in confusion as her father just stared back with the same confused face. "E, even Lily doesn't ask that!"

"Am i not supposed to know? That you liked Lu—"

"Papa! Sshhhhh!" Athanasia silenced him as she placed her little hand at his mouth. Claude was taken aback at his daughter's bold move, but just remained silent. "Lucas might hear you."

'Haha... When did holding back hurt?' Claude chuckled in his mind as he tried not to show Athanasia his vein at his neck. "Is that.. so..?"

"Yes! So let's keep it a secret!"

Have this little girl forgot that her father's a ticking time bomb? Well, if she does, she's lucky that the guy she likes have already gained some of his approval. If not, another murder would've occured that day.

'Although, i'm betting that, that stupid idiotic bastard of a warlock knows this already.'

Lucas just sneezed as he walked towards the Black Tower. Unknowingly being cursed by a livid father named Claude de Alger Obelia.

────────────────

updated today 'cause today's a one step closer to death. today's the day where i stopped being dead and unfortunately lived.