~Chapter 17 - it's always been her~

I got the perfect dress, I loved it and it felt so, me. Laurel came into my room in the morning, "Hey honey." She said, "Hi laur" I sat up in my bed whilst she came to sit down on my bed, "You are so beautiful Melissa" she said, "and you are gonna do some awesome dancing wi-. Wait. Who's your escort?"
"I- uh don't have one"
"WHAT" Laurel stood up in shock Then whispered, "I thought you did"
"Well I used to, but he is going with someone else "
"Aw sweetheart" She embraced me in hug and continued, "I mean, maybe you could go with Conrad, you two used to be best friends?"
"Thanks Laurel, that's a great idea." She stood and walked out. Shortly after, I did too. "Connie?" I called out, knocking on his door. "Come in!" I heard from inside as I opened the door and walked in. "Morning" he said.
"Morning Connie, okay so I have a situation."
"What kind of situation?"
"I don't have an escort"
"But the ball is today?" I looked at him, hinting at my idea. "Fine," he started, "I'll be your escort."
"Thank you, thank you, thank youuu" I squealed then I ran to wake up Dad and Harry in the guest room and I found it empty, "BOO" Someone shouted from behind me and I screamed like I was in danger. I turned around to see Ivan and Harry, "Pound it!" Harry exclaimed, fist bumping Ivan."Hey you monsters!" They laughed at me and Harry ran off, "Okay, I love that kid!" He said. I explained to him what happened with Jeremiah and Belly and Conrad then he showed me his outfit that he was going to where since he was invited anyway because he worked at the club. Then, I went downstairs to go see Dad before I had to leave, turns out Ryan was already there, "My two beautiful, handsome kids, your all grown up your mom would be so proud." Me and Ryan smiled at that and hugged Dad tight, "We're not going anywhere Dad don't you worry!" Ryan assured him and I went to get my dress. Ivan helped me get the dress in my car and I looked over to see Jeremiah and Belly, it made my blood boil. Jere just looked like he wanted to run away though and then he walked back inside and Steven got out of his car, "what the freak? Are you kidding me? You and Jeremiah?" Belly just awkwardly nodded to which Steven responded, "Dude, what about Mel?"
"What do you mean?"
"Haven't you noticed that's they have liked each other all summer?" Steven asked Belly, confused. "Wait, wait what?" Belly said but Steven just continued, "What about Conrad?"
"What do you mean?"
"I don't know maybe the fact you've been goo goo ga ga over him since you were 10!"
"Yeah, well I'm not 10 anymore! And I get to pick and I pick Jeremiah!"
"You shouldn't like him Belly, the only reason Conrad didn't get with Melissa was because she didn't want to hurt you! And now she picks Jeremiah and you go running after him too!" Steven shouted, walking inside, probably to speak to Jeremiah. I saw Belly look over at me so I got in my car hurriedly and Ivan got in the passenger seat, I dropped him home and then went straight to the country club.

Steven POV:

"Hey!" I shouted to Jeremiah.
"Yo man what's up?"
"You didn't both to tell me you liked my sister?"
"What?"
"I saw you guys outside, you spun her around and you were acting like you were in love!"
"Y-youre not gonna beat me up are you?"
"Hmm I'm really thinking about it" I spoke the truth, he was leading my sister on and breaking the heart of one of my best friends. "You and Melissa were practically making out this whole summer and now, before the ball! You stand her up for my sister?"
"Dude, I really like Melissa and I haven't even kissed Belly! We were in the pool and she started kissing me out of nowhere!"
"Mhm good story!" I started to walk away, "yo what's going on?" Ryan came in and said. "I'll tell you what's going on, he's playing BOTH our sisters."
"IM NOT PLAYING MEL!" Jeremiah shouted at us out of nowhere. "I LOVE HER! NOT BELLY. MEL AND ITS ALWAYS BEEN MEL! The only reason it took so long for me to say was because I was scared, scared that she was gonna reject me for Conrad. And I saw Conrad and her on the dock and she was comforting him or something and he looked at her so lovingly and I realised that if I asked her I would break his heart. " Oh shit. "Oh. My. Fucking. Damn." Ryan said.
"What!" Jere shouted and me and Ryan laughed at him, "Your an IDIOT Jere!"
"W- what why?" He was crying and me and Ryan just kept laughing "do you want us to spell it out for you?"
"Uh yes please!" He was starting to sound annoyed.
"Conrad has a crush on Belly. It's so obvious. And it's also obvious that Melissa loves you!" I started then Ryan continued for me, "Yeah dude, she turned down Conrad for Belly's sake since Belly had a crush and when she found out that Belly had a crush on you she told me that she wasn't going to give up on you, because she loved you." He was speaking the truth. "It was so obvious that we even asked her about it and we gave her the courage to ask you about the ball! But now you go with Belly?!" He had guilt and shock all over his face. "Look dude Mels is like a sister to me and she IS a sister to Ryan and we are fully Team Jelissa and Team Bonrad!" I added. "Don't ruin it now Jeremiah," a voice said from behind us making us all turn, "You know you love Melissa and there's no point hiding it anymore because you were destined to be together, and Harriet believed it too." Henry announced. We all left and Jere just stood there stuck in his thoughts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are so close to the last chapter and I am scared and sad for it to end 😭😭😭😭