Ch46 - The Truth Revealed

•Your point of view•

Me and Rina had ran away for long and far enough. I was wondering the whole time

'What was that just now.'

'How come I never knew of that.'

'How is it possible that I could do a charged attack like that?'

'Do I know my full potential truly?"

I asked myself all those questions to which only one person would know the answer. I grabbed one of my bladed fans and stood in front of her to interrogate her for them.

"What the hell was that just now?" I asked in a loud tone.

"What do you mean?" She asked calmly.
"That charged attack. What the hell was that?"
I ask her once again making it clear that I was angry, my tone showing anger.

"Why are you so angry about?" She asked calmly and laughed, "You always had that kind of power within you, you just never used it."

I looked at her in wary as to what she was saying. She looked like she was truthful so I decided to trust her, or at least give her the benefit of the doubt.

"Look, you and me both have that power. We inherited it from our ancestors. Hence why it's ancient." She started to explain. "Our cursed techniques derive from the ancient Lekamiyashiki clan. A clan which was very known and wide spread around Japan. They had the powers of the elements in their blood."

I've known about that story since I had heard of that clan once when I was still a student when I was studying and at the same time gathering knowledge about my technique.

"I've known of that ages ago." I said to her and looked at her with my arms crossed.

"Right... Then you must know what made them go extinct." She said and my eyes widened. I knew a bit about some argument which lead to a feud within the clan leaders but I could never find the real reasoning behind it.

"I don't know much on that, only about a family feud." I said to her.

"A deadly family feud." She started. "You see long ago, the clan leaders had a discussion on which element is the most powerful and could cause a calamity that no one ever saw. That was the start of it all. Where there are siblings, there will always be rivalries but those rivalries had turned into a whole bloodbath and a war between the clan leaders." Rina explained.

"What started as a harmless discussion evolved quickly into an argument and later into a whole war. Deadly storms formed all across Japan as the clan leaders were fighting each other, killing each other to prove one thing." She added.

I looked sad, it's been maybe 800 years since that happened but it feels so weird to think about it.

"If you ask me it's kind of funny, they started a whole war and it lead to the extinction of their Clan. It was finally decided by the last clan leader, Tomoyo Lekamiyashiki who also happened to be the first born of 8 children who finally admitted that all elements are powerful to their own extent, and that his younger siblings ruined the clan completely by killing one another. Those were his words to his daughter before he bled to death." Rina explained.