Sweet dreams little one.

(Y/N) woke up in Hank's bedroom after what was supposed to be a small nap, but as they started taking in their surroundings they soon realised that they had slept way longer than what they intented. The room was cold and dark, the only source of light being a holographic clock on a drawer beside the bed. (Y/N) slowly turned their head at the direction of the small drawer to check the time with just a little bit of hope that it wasn't that late in the night but their hopes quickly faded as their gaze fell upon the clock. It was 23:56pm.

(Y/N) found it hard to believe that they had been asleep for almost 5 hours mainly because they still felt extremely tired, but that could be easily explained. Unfortunately for them, little (Y/N) had been sick for the past few days. They had a horrible fever that made their head feel really heavy, their eyes tired and their body at a constant cold temperature which kept glued to the warm covers and cozy pillows of Hank's bed.

It was obvious to say that those past few days were hard on (Y/N)'s physical and mental health. They weren't that much outgoing but they didn't like that they had to stay in home and watch tv all day either. The loss of contact with the outside world was surely starting to get a hold of them. They barely had any strength to even get up and play with sumo or go out and sit in the backyard, let alone do the other outside activities that they used to do with Connor and Hank.

As the responsible parent that Connor now was, he quickly noticed this shift in (Y/N)'s mood as well as energy and tried everything he could in order not to leave their side. From trying to take as many days off as he could from the precinct to organising game nights with Hank's old playstation all in the comfort of Hank's bedroom. Actually, it was Connor's idea for (Y/N) to change places and go to rest in Hank's room as he deemed the chillier and more compact bedroom that they stayed in as unfit for their condition.

After getting ahold of themselves again, (Y/N) slowly begun to feel thirsty and so with no one in the room they decided to try and shout. "Dad... Dad!" (Y/N) tried their best to be heard but their voice just wouldn't come out. Despite their tiredness and lack of energy at the moment, (Y/N) decided to master up any energy they could and get out of the room alone in search of water.

(Y/N) hesitantly started pulling one leg off the bed followed by the other. Just that small movement of the lower limbs felt like running a Marathon for them but after so many days of being basically in the same state that was understandable. That didn't phase (Y/N) though, who by this point was determined to get out of that damn room. After they made sure that their feet were both toutching the floor, they stood up with all the energy they had left and slowly made their way to open the door.

As (Y/N) slowly stepped out of the room and started making their way down the hallway, the house's supposed guard dog noticed them and hurried towards them, his tail wagging from side to side with excitement. Before they knew it, they were down on the floor and being licked on the face by the big fluff ball called Sumo. "Hi there Sumo." (Y/N) said with a tiny gigle. It was clear ever since (Y/N) met the Saint Bernard that they would become close friends.

Hearing the commotion, Connor rushed towards the hallway to see what was happening, a bit concerned to hear (Y/N)'s voice. "You're awake sweety?" The android asked with a soft but worried tone in his voice. "Yes dad, I just want a glass of water." (Y/N) said while clearing their face of the dog's saliva. Connor quickly knelt down to be in the same level with (Y/N). "Alright honey, let me help you get tou your bed and I'll bring it to you, hm?" Connor said with a small smile on his face, slowly patting (Y/N) on the head.

"I'm not the dog here dad, Sumo is!"
Connor couldn't help but chuckle. "You're right, your nose is so red you look like Rudolph the reindeer!" (Y/N) had forgotten about their fever for a bit but that didn't seem to make it go away.
"Open your mouth." The fatherly android ordered. When (Y/N) did as asked Connor raised his right hand, the synthetic skin retreating to reveal the white porcelain surface beneath which gave off a bright blue hue, and placed two fingers on their tongue.

"It's not getting any better is it?" He asked (Y/N) with an empathetic expression on his face. "I feel really tired daddy..." (Y/N) replied, letting out a squeaky yawn. Seing how sleepy (Y/N) was still, he took them in his arms and slowly carried them back to Hank's bedroom so they could get a bit of rest.
When they finally reached the bed, Connor laid (Y/N) carefully on it's surface, as if they were a fragile piece of glass, and covered them with their favorite blanket which was made with a fuzzy material that made it especially comfortable, or "comfy" as (Y/N) liked to say.

"Stay here and I'll go get your drink." Connor said in a comforting voice. "Until then, Sumo, attack!" Before even being able to finish the sentence, the Saint Bernard had jumped onto the bed, licking (Y/N)'s nose as they chuckled. The Brunette made his way down the hallway again and entered the kitchen. It wasn't a mess as it once used to be. There were no whiskey bottles littering the kitchen table nor revolvers with loaded amunition lying around. Instead of that nonsense the kitchen table was decorated with a modest vase with a few blue flowers and a couple of packs with a blue liquid titled thirium scattered around.

The android opened the fridge and took out a large glass bottle filled with water. Then, he moved towards one of the cabinets to pick a small glass, filling it half way so he could fill the other half with tap water, making the temperature lukewarm enough for (Y/N). After filling another glass with thirium for himself, Connor slowly made his way back over to Hank's room, so he wouldn't spill the liquids.

Connor entered the room to a half asleep (Y/N) caressing Sumo's back, a sight which made the brunette form a teeny smile on his lips. "Here's your drink honey." (Y/N) took the glass of water with shaky hands as the fatherly android took a seat next to them. "Thank you dad." (Y/N) thanked Connor as they gave him their glass which the android placed on the drawer next to them.

The android placed his hand on (Y/N) and started slowly rubbing their back, giving them a small kiss on their forehead. "You should get some rest dear. Go to sleep." He advised them with a comforting smile on his face. "Can you stay for a little, to keep me company?" (Y/N) looked a bit despaired at the idea that they'd be left alone again. They felt so isolated all these days alone, always glued in bed and thankfully Connor had come to understand that.

"Don't worry honey, I'm not going anywhere." The brunette motioned for (Y/N) to come and lay close to him so he could hold them tightly in his arms. "I love you daddy." (Y/N) said with a shaky voice, giving Connor a weeny kiss on their father's cheek. The android didn't have to reply. He just returned the kiss with one on (Y/N)'s forehead while pulling them closer into his embrace. "Are you feeling better now?" The fatherly android asked softly, giving
(Y/N) another small kiss on their hair.
"I'm a bit cold..." they said with a tiny yawn followed by a teemy shiver.

Connor quickly pulled the covers up completely, covering (Y/N)'s body entirely, leaving only their head out so they could get a breather. "Better now sweety?" The brunette only got a nod for a response but that simple confirmation was enough. He continued to hold his little baby close to him, staying awake as long as (Y/N) was too just in case they needed anything. After a while he felt their breath fading away, becoming gradually lighter.

As (Y/N) was about to drift away and go into a peaceful sleep they spoke up: "Good night da..." they weren't able to finish the sentence but that didn't stop Connor from understanding what they meant. Before entering the android equivelant of a deep slumber he made sure to wish them good night too.

"Sweet dreams little one."

"I love you."