"Good evening ya ibrahim."the familiar girl in the kiosk greet and he turn from the gate.

"Aisha,
How are you?"he ask with a smile and she nod.

"Fine."she say and he enter the house,
Aisha and his junior sister grew up inseparable she live two blocks away from them.

"Sallamu'alaikum."ibrahim say entering the small compound.

"Ya ibrahim."his immediate brother Bello say standing up.

"Bello, how's school and preparations?"ibrahim ask entering the parlour as his brother trail behind him.

"Alhamdulilah."Bello say and sit on the carpeted floor of the parlour.

"Ummah good evening."ibrahim greet coming down from the couch.

"Evening ibrahim,
How are you?"she ask sitting on the couch with a sigh.

They exchange pleasantries and after a while the place become quiet.

"Ibrahim the reason i call you is regarding your wife."his mum say and ibrahim scratch the back of his head.

"I don't mean to pry in your marriage or anything but it's been a while since Ahmad have been complaining to me about how your wife relate at school with people,
You have to let rukayya know she's married, she's not a single lady that she will be mingling with the opposite gender as she pleases,
Ahmad said today during there prayer time one of the staffs was complaining bitterly about how she do always act as do she's not a married woman,
I'm not telling you this so you can go and quarrel her,
Just atleast ask her to wear a less tight uniform and put on even do is this kimono or hijab if the school close not she walking all the way back home in those tight clothes and small hijab."his mum lament bitterly and ibrahim sigh.

Sure he's also tried talking to rukayya regarding her uniform but she's just one hell of a problem to deal with.

"It's fine ummah,
Insha Allah i will talk to her."ibrahim say and his mum nod.

"By the end of next week insha Allah i will try and bring the money for the school fees."he say and his mum release a heavy breathe.

She knows things are difficult for ibrahim, ever since he loss his job everything hasn't been stable.

"Ahmad have gave Maryam the waec fees and half the school fees."his mum say and ibrahim look up at his junior brother .

"I have been saving,
I paid my fees to i know things are difficult for you ya ibrahim,
We thank you for everything,
We need to be supportive and help you if we can."Bello say and ibrahim nod impressively with a smile.

"It's fine,
All the best,
Hope you will graduate with flying colors to."he say and they all mutter Ameen.

They talk for a while, Maryam locked the shop and also join them with the little boy who everyone enjoys his company, it's until around 8 after he pray his Isha prayers before ibrahim head back home.

️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Ibrahim pov

Removing a sleeping haidar from the car i sigh and grab his lunch bag, Maryam have bath him and changed  him earlier since he have some clothes back at my mum's, I sigh tiredly and remove my phone from my pocket turning the light on.

"Sallamu'alaikum."I say opening the door.
"What happened to the inverter?"I ask my wife who's laying on the couch with the electric standing fan facing her as she press her phone.

"I don't know,
I came home and no light to,
NEPA will soon bring light.'she say and i head to the bedroom,
I drop haidar on the bed and open the curtain so some natural air can enter the bedroom, I bath and put on my jogger's before exiting the bedroom.

"Is there food ?"I ask and Rukayya humm in response.

"There's semo in the warmer that's on the dinning table and there's soup in the microwave."she say and i head to the dinning table, I open the warmer and there's only one small mold of semo wrapped which I'm certain will not do any good to me, I head to the kitchen and remove the soup from the microwave, the light come at once and i release a satisfying breathe and pit back the soup inside the microwave before turning it on,
I turn in the stove and set the pot adding some water with the noodles, pepper at once and close the pot before removing my soup from the microwave and grab the plate of semo before exiting the kitchen.

"How was your day?"I ask rukky to start a conversation, she's now sitting with remote in her hand.

"Fine."she grumble clearly not in the mood for any conversation.

I decide to just eat my food, once I'm done eat I head to the kitchen, I make sure i wash the plates and put them in the rightful place the last thing i want is rukky getting upset because i refuse to wash my own plate, I dish the noodles in a plate and wash the pot before leaving the kitchen.

"I will eat."rukky say with a smile, she stand up from the couch and sit on the floor.

The only time rukayya is nice to me is when she's benefitting something from me or when she wants something from me, if not she's Always angry, I know I'm not same guy she met few years ago,
I spend alot on rukayya,
There's no single thing she will say she want that i won't get it for her it never bothers me because it's the only way i can prove to her how much i love her, I thought she will understand me now that things aren't smooth for me to support me but rukayya think I'm just been stingy, it pains me sometimes.

We finish eating the noodles and rukky take the plate to the kitchen as i stare at the boring television series she's watching on zeeworld.

"My one."she call and sit next to me on the floor.

"They say we should bring 5k for index number for our national final exams."she say and i nod.

"When is the due date?"I ask and she release a heavy breathe.

"Next week and please ibrahim don't say you don't have money,
Look at my school fees since the beginning of this term I've been telling you about it,
Almost everyone has paid only my,
Let's not talk about the national fees,
This is my last year,
You know very well they will demand for alot of money,
If i talk now you will say rukky is this, rukky is that,
If you can't take my responsibilities tell me i will go back to my parents she rant and enter the bedroom grumbling to herself.

I stay in the parlour just staring t the television but thinking of a way to satisfy rukayya, I thought of selling my car but that's a no rukayya will not agree, I don't have any asset to sell, I sigh and decide to just sleep in the parlour hoping by tomorrow things will get better

❤️❤️An Autan-mama books collection❤️❤️