Chapter 14: I just realized...

We were all hanging out by the newly sparked fire roasting marshmallows. And I was totally right when I said it was PERFECT for doing just that.

Then I got a text.

A text that would be so horrible it could ruin our night. So scary we couldn't go to sleep. So horrifying we burnt those marshmallows until the ashes rained down on the fire. I mean they sizzled filling the air with the smell of crunched old leaves in a heater. Something so scaring you could get depression.

Let go from when we got there.

"So... Everyone is here?"

"Yup."

Me and Johnathan watched as everyone raced into the cabin, marking their beds.

"Come on! Just because you've already picked your beds doesn't mean you can UN pack!" Cayden yelled at us from the door. I looked at Johnathan who already knew what I was thinking. "Go!" I yelled and we raced inside. "Hahahaha iiiiii won! Nana nana boo boo!" I sang right in his face.

He crossed his arms and acted 5. He did a childish "humpff," turned away, and walked off. But who said we were not still childish? I did the same thing after acting like Shaylen insulted me. As soon I I turned the corner I ran to my room to see who I was bunking with. So I...

"WHO AM I BUNKING WITH?!?!"

Ha... Yeah that.

"Hello!" Brooke said waving her arms. She was sitting on her bunk. How did I not notice?

"I got top bunk." I said and jumped on it. I didn't bother to use the ladder... That time. "Ow." I said rubbing my head. I jumped and bumped into the wall.

"Now you've gotta swear under oath you'll use that ladder from now on." Caleb said. Him and Christian were at the other bunk across the room.

"Fine." I said. "I swear to have no fun. on THIS bed." Caleb didn't notice the impresses on this because when I got down and jumped on to Christians bed ( who also got top bunk ) he just walked out.

"Guys lets go build a fire by the logs outside!" I yelled running out of my room. I ran out the door and without a look back I heard a million foot steps behind me. We all sat down awkwardly. There was already wood and someone had time to bring the marshmallows out and there was wood and matches to. Matches is we needed them only. We had flashlights already out here. What was missing?

And I looked up.

"Guys it's almost dark. Let's get into our pajamas and bring blankets with us!"

"Yeah!" Everyone agreed.
~
"Ooh this is so fun!" Kaylee squealed. "We should do this more often!"

"You said it. How about-"

"Guys I'm moving. Maybe we could sell it to one of y'all but we don't know for sure."

Everyone mumbled. No one liked that she was leaving. That's when I got the text.

Mom: Heeeeeeey girly! So wassup?🌻

Mom. Don't talk like that. Not cool. 😑

Mom: Ok. Just wanted remind you not to stay up too late! We are going shopping tomorrow. Remember?

I looked up and I'm pretty sure I was pale.

"Guys?"

A roar of "huh?" S and "yeah?" Came at me. I looked at the ground.

"We start high school in two days..."