Soul

So Lucifer's son would rule over the angels and Hell too? Or possibly destroy both? Poor kid. That's something nobody is going to be prepared for.

"So this kid is potentially dangerous then?" Kian asked.

"So the rumors say," Arthur replied, "Then again, they also say I'm to be King again one day."

"That child must come to no harm." Michael said, "If Lucifer really had a son... right now if he claimed the Throne there would be nobody able to refute it."

"What do you mean?" Arthur asked.

"God is missing." Michael replied.

"Missing?" I said, "How is that possible?"

"I don't know," Micheal admitted, "There was a message. The reason I intervened and stopped Alec from signing his soul away to The House Of The Apocalypse. My brother recently cast doubt on its authenticity."

God was missing... Lucifer destroying worlds... Lilith playing games with all of us.

My head was spinning with all the revelations. Higher powers were working behind the scenes, and we were just puppets in their war.

Arthur looked troubled, a brief crack in his otherwise hard exterior.

"Then we have even less time than I imagined," he said, "We must move quickly."

"To do what, exactly?" Harry asked, "You knew that Lucifer had a son."

Kian's eyes flashed, "You knew? How?"

Arthur sighed "Yes, because I helped to deliver that child."

With swift movements Kian reached out and grabbed Arthur by the throat.

"You better give me a good reason to let you live," Kian growled.

Arthur gasped for breath, struggling against his grip. "You don't understand..." he croaked, "It's not... as simple... as that."

Harry stepped forward, anger in his eyes, "Do tell."

"They have... my soul."

"Your soul?" Kian echoed.

"I can... show you." Arthur coughed, his face red. A bright golden circle appeared on his chest, glowing with an angelic light.

"Damn it!" Harry cursed, "Why would you give it to them?"

Arthur laughed, "Because... the alternative was... burning in hell. No rest... for the wicked, eh?."

Kian let him go, stepping back a bit but keeping one hand at the ready, "Where is your soul now?"

Arthur shook his head, "I don't know."

Kian's eyes narrowed, "Why don't I believe you?"

"Believe what you will," Arthur said, "I don't know what became of my soul, but I gave it up to leave hell, and it's a choice I would make again."

The golden circle dissipated, leaving Arthur looking tired and sickly. His skin had turned almost ashen, his eyes glazed.

"This isn't going to help us." Michael argued.

"No," Arthur agreed, "It won't. Whatever Lilith has planned... I don't want him harmed."

But if he's a threat... we might not have a choice.

"Your in no position to be making demands." Kian snapped, shutting Arthur up as he rubbed his neck.

"We can try to find the boy," Harry added, "But, we need to be ready for the possibility that Lilith or Lucifer will turn him into a weapon."