15: Comforting Lapis

Start from the beginning

After a moment of silence, I took a seat right next to her. I honestly didn't know what to say since she seemed to still be thinking of something. After a few minutes, I noticed her looking up towards the sky. I figured that she must be a bit worried about Homeworld or the Ruby's. That, or maybe the Ruby's mentioning this Jasper person brought up a few bad memories or something. So I decided to break the ice and see if I could help her.

Y/n: You ok?

Lapis: Not really.

Y/n: You want to talk about it?

After that, Lapis went silent again and I was worried I upset her. But a moment later, she started explaining everything that happened to her. About how she was trapped in the mirror to how she was forced to fuse with Jasper. She also told me that the Ruby's mentioning her brought up some bad memories. And I just really felt bad for Lapis after all that she's been through. Lapis even started to cry from all the stress she's been holding back too.

I was trying to think of something to help Lapis out. And without thinking, I wrapped Lapis in a hug as she kept crying. We both stayed like that for a good ten minutes until Lapis had calmed down some. She was still a little shaken up about all of those memories. And I just held her there for a few more minutes until she calmed down. And all the while, I had this weird feeling in my chest for some reason. But I couldn't really explain what it really was.

Lapis: Thanks for listening, Y/n.

Y/n: Anytime, Lapis. And you know that you're not alone anymore and that you're safe too. Me, Steven, Lightning, Peridot and the others will all be here to help you.

Lapis: I know, it just feels likes it's to much to bear sometimes. And it feels like I'll never be able to move on from any of that.

Y/n: That may be, but you have friends who care about you. And I'm sure if you talk to us, then you'll have a better chance of being happy.

Lapis: I don't know, what if talking about it doesn't help?

Y/n: Well, after talking to me about everything that happened, how do you feel right now?

Lapis: Confused, upset, and terrified. But at the same time, I'm a bit better after talking about it.

Y/n: Well, acourding to Steven, talking about something that's bugging you is the first step to healing. I'm not sure if I fully understood what he said, but if you want, you can talk to me if there's something bothering you.

Lapis: Thanks Y/n, I appreciate it.

Y/n: Anytime Lapis.

So we just sat there for a while, getting to know each other. At least, as best as we could since I had no memories before Steven freed me. And I made sure not to pressure Lapis into telling me something she didn't want too. Considering the fact that she's been through a lot. After a couple hours, we made our way back to the barn to see what Lightning and Peridot were doing. When we got there, we found them making something out of metal.

Y/n: Uh, what are you guys doing?

Peridot: Ah, Y/n! Lazuli! Good to see you both are back. As for what were doing, we decided to make music.

Y/n: But don't you need instruments to do that?

Peridot: Well here's the best part, instead of sounds, we're using things.

I honestly didn't know how they got this odd idea. But I'm guessing it has something to do with what Lightning wanted to do. At least, that is before we meet Lapis and the Ruby's showing up. And from what they were making, it looked like some sort of sculpture made of metal. Lapis and I just looked at each other and both shrugged as we both didn't know what to say.

Lightning: Well, we're not going to call it "music" since these aren't songs.

Peridot: Alright, fair point, but what should we call it then.

The two of them started to think about what to call whatever they were doing. Of course, I was still unsure as to what the point of it even was. Maybe they were just trying to find ways to express their feelings? I wanted to ask what they were making, but I thought it would be best to wait a moment. Plus I think they were to deep in thought to pay attention to what I was asking.

Lapis: What about Meep Morps?

Lightning: "Meep Morps"?

Peridot: Huh, I kinda like it.

I wanted to ask Lapis what she meant by Meep Morp. But Lightning agreed that he could work with calling their things Meep Morps. So I decided it was best not to question it and go along with calling their creations Meep Morps.  And they even asked me and Lapis to join in on making one ourselves. We were a bit hesitant, but decided to at least give it a try. And who knows, maybe it'll be something interesting. So we all spent the rest of the day coming up with new Meep Morps.