Chapter Five

Author Note: I did say I'm going to take creative liberty, and Alfea is a school after all so get ready for more classes. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

There was a slight screech sound as the class's door was shut closed and Amber turned to see a middle-aged woman staring at them as she walked towards the board.

"Welcome everyone," She greeted, her clear and loud voice quickly catching the attention of the room, "I'm Professor Duralor, and I'll be teaching you the History of the Otherworld. Now, I'm sure you've noticed there are more students in this classroom than usual, and that's because this class is mixed. It will be the only class this year where Fairies and Specialists learn together, and that's because our world's history was written and shaped together, each left a footprint that directed the course of history."

"Now, let us start with something everyone in this classroom already know. Some basics. There are seven known realms in the Otherworld: Solaria, Eraklyon, Linphea..." Amber looked around as students around her scribbled down the professor's words, letting out a quiet sigh.

The class passed by in a haze of boredom and Amber snapped back into attention when the student who sat next to her started to collect his things. Amber realized she hadn't even opened her notebook the entire class, not to mention took out a pen to write down her professor's name.

"Before you run to leave," The professor called loudly, causing the students to sit back in their seats, "You'll be given a project in this class. Row one, three, five, please turned around to the person behind you and say 'hello', because from now on, you are partners for this project."

There were murmurs of displeasure in the class and Amber let out a groan. This class was going to be a nightmare. She turned around to see Aisha sitting behind her. The dark-skinned girl gave her a tight smile, but the earth fairy could tell she wasn't exactly happy with the pairing. After last night, Amber wasn't either.

But then her eyes darted to the brunet sitting to Aisha's right. It was the rude boy who had bumped into her on the first day. He looked at Amber and the corners of his mouth curled into a smirk, mocking hostility dancing in his eyes. Suddenly, she was grateful for Aisha.

The professor wrote down each group and their names, briefly pausing as she wrote down Amber and Aisha's names. She then started to hand the groups their subject for the project, randomly picking a note for each. Amber stilled when she saw their chosen project. 'A Realm's ancestry,'

Aisha peeked behind her and read the subject, "That's great! We can choose Linphea or Eraklyon –"

"No." Amber interrupted, a bit too loudly. Hearing the disagreement, Professor Duralor made her way to the two girls.

"Is there any problem, Miss Rackley?" The professor asked Amber, looking at her with narrowed eyes.

"Just discussing our project," Amber replied and the professor hummed before moving along to instruct the rest of the students.

The blonde girl turned to Aisha, "Did you forget the princess of Solaria is one of your suite mates? We can just ask, and we'll have all the answers we need."

"It's not very challenging," Aisha protested, looking at Amber with a puzzled look.

"Not everything has to be," Amber rolled her eyes, standing up and picking up her bag, "Besides, we'll finish faster and then you can have more time to splash and play in your swimming pool."