She exhaled and opened the test.

Inside the little box was a test tube, a little crystal rectangle where the tube could rest as well as a small piece of paper with instructions.

She drank a lot of water while setting everything up, but honestly, with her nervousness, she could pee without having to drink water.

Her hands wouldn't stop shaking as she added a few droplets of pee into the test tube.

The instructions said she had to wait two hours, and if at the bottom of the test tube a dark circle appeared, that meant that she was pregnant.

She didn't know what she would do if she saw that circle.

How could she let that happen?

What was she thinking?

She slid down the wall, her butt hitting the cold floor. Her head rested on her knees as a gentle sob escaped her lips. "Calm down," she whispered to herself.

She needed a shoulder to cry in case things went south. There was only one person she could think of.

She got up from the floor, opened the door and walked to the living room where her home phone was. She dialed the phone number she had memorized.

It took only a few seconds before someone answered, "uh, Kim, I need you," she said between sobs.

In the other line, hearing Julia cry, Kim did not ask anymore questions and hung up the phone.

At that moment, she didn't care about what she was wearing or that she was in the middle of doing her hair. Her best friend was more important than any of that.

Kim got inside her car and drove away, passing a few stop signs. While Kim was breaking a few laws, Julia was pacing in the living room, hoping that Kim wouldn't take long.

Five minutes later, there was a knock on the front door. Kim didn't live close by; Julia wasn't sure Kim could arrive that fast, but as she opened the door her brunette friend quickly embraced her.

It didn't take long for Julia to cry again. Kim didn't ask anything right away. She only hugged her best friend.

She was confused as to why Julia was in this state. Her mind started to come up with what could have happened to her. She thought that maybe Julia's father did something to her, but her mind never went into the possibility that her best friend could be pregnant.

"Could you repeat that again, please," Kim said, blinking a few times; her mouth was left open from shock.

After Julia calmed down a little, they went to the restroom, where Kim saw the pregnancy test, and Julia told her about what happened after she left Tina's Halloween Party.

Obviously, she didn't go into detail about what happened that night, but from context clues, Kim could figure out what really happened that night.

"Kim, I'm so scared," Julia said, tears running down her cheeks. Kim placed her hands on either side of Julia's cheeks "it's probably just a pregnancy scare. I had one of those this summer," she said, trying to calm down Julia.

"You did," Julia asked, hiccuping the last word. "Why didn't you tell me," she said, a little more calm than before.

Kim shrugged "because it wasn't serious. If it were positive, you know I would have run straight to your house."

Julia smiled lightly, "Let's just calm down. We will wait for the result, and you will see that we will be laughing about this in no time," Kim said, giving Julia a side hug.

Julia nodded "we will laugh about this," she repeated.

Julia looked down at Kim. Kim was only a few inches shorter than Julia. They were the same height for a long time, then by highschool Kim stopped growing, and Julia grew three more inches. Julia asked, "what happened to your hair" only realizing that Kim's hair was tangled only on one side.

"I was in the middle of doing my hair when you called me," Kim responded, brushing her hair with her fingers. "Sit, I'll fix it," Julia told her.

They needed to wait over an hour for the results; this could take her mind out of it.

Both young girls talk and laugh, and for a moment, Julia forgot why she was crying. Then reality hit when Kim gasped loudly.

Julia thought that she had pulled her hair, "I'm sorry," she apologized. "No, it's not that," Kim said, turning around and standing in front of the pregnancy test.

"Jul, it's been two hours," Kim said softly. Julia's smile slowly dropped "let me see," she said above a whisper.

"Jul I-"

"Kimberly, let me see," Julia said a bit louder.

Slowly Kim moved out of the way, revealing the test.

With her eyes closed, Julia took a step closer to the sink. Her lips trembled as she tried to contain her tears.

She counted until five and opened her eyes. She leaned closer to the sink and looked down at the test tube.

"Holy shit," she said as a tear fell inside the tube.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞

𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚒𝚊 𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚝! *𝙿𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚞 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎*

𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚐𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚢 𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝟾𝟶𝚜.

𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚞𝚕𝚝! 𝚂𝚘, 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸'𝚖 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝/𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚒𝚊 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚢 𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚝

𝙱𝚢 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟾 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚊𝚛 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚢 𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝟸𝟶 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜.