DEVIKA

9 DEC 2008 Private Terminal - Honolulu International Airport , Hawaii

9 DEC 2008
Private Terminal - Honolulu International Airport , Hawaii

A girl dressed in a formal suit exits her private jet and enters a - white latest model Bugatti , and starts the drive to the Sea Bay Resort , Oahu .

She opens her MacBook and starts working on the upcoming project for her company . She is a hard-headed workaholic , for whom everything comes after her beloved company which in now just two years of existence she has taken to heights and can give a tough competition to the well-built-up markets .

In her words – “MY WORK , MY COMPANY KEEPS ME SANE . AT THE LOWEST POINT OF MY LIFE, I HAD VESTED MYSELF IN IT AND NOW MY SANITY DEPENDS ON IT”.

She is in Hawaii to celebrate her 18’th BIRTHDAY . Yes, she is going to turn 18 tomorrow , she started her company at 16 while still in Columbia University and no outsider would believe that it reached the level of success at the hands of a minor .

But she is wonderful , authentic, and incomparable at work . Her compassion , work-spirit and ideas  are to another level .
She is an introvert , hates the public eye .
There are not many people that can read her and understand the insides of her mysterious personality except for her dad Rajveer Shergill, her elder brother Ritvik and her now over 12-year bestie Jaidev Rajvansh.

She and Jaidev attended the Scindia Military School in Gwalior , boarding school in Dehradun  and University at Columbia together, they were 6-year-old when he befriended her and they  went on to be the epitome of true friendship in their more exterior friends circle as they both fit right in each other’s life puzzle , while she required someone who will understand her without question & answers and no judgements, and he wanted a person he could trust with eyes closed.

DEVIKA MAITHILI RAJVEER SHERGILL , only daughter of Ex-Indian Army and the leader of Shergill Business House - Rajveer Shergill and his late wife Prerna Shergill . Shergills natively are the Thakur Family of Pathankot, Punjab . Rajveer also has two elder sons Samarthy and Ranvijay .

Shergills are a big joint family  with Ishaan , Ritvik and Amrita the children of Rajveer’s elder brother Jeevesh , who got martyred in an army ambush at the Tibetan border  and Ambika & Nandita the two daughters of his younger brother Jaykar and his wife Swati ,the only female head of the family . Not to forget their close first cousin , Amaan Malhotra whom Rajveer had adopted from his sister and was a legit Shergill sibling , though he continued to keep his previous surname .

Rajveer Shergill didn’t want to spoon-feed any child of the family and neither he wished that any of them work under his shadow.
So, none of the younger Shergill generation directly descended the  family business house , they were told to establish their own business lines and start-up and only once they succeeded  did, they enter start working with Rajveer and  Jaykar and now  the four sons of the family who sidely also handle their personal startups , but they all six come together to make Shergill Business successful , except for Ritvik who because of some stubborn decisions has a refute with his uncles , but it’s only him who knows the reason.
While the daughters are their own icons of being successful businesswomen where Amrita and Devika have already set their claws , Ambika is still settling with her business while Nandita is still studying .