Chapter 4: Meet the Family

Naomi's POV

How does he know about the dance. Well duh he just said a flyer but should I go? I don't know if I can handle it, it's the day of the bad thing that happened. He looked at me worry in his eyes. I know he's scared of me saying no but I'm scared of me saying yes. I'm over thinking this nothing bad will happen. I slightly nodded my head yes and his face lit up. "Naomi I don't know what you're scared of but I'll keep you safe from it." My heart melted, only of I could tell him what scares me. I know he wouldn't want me if I told him everything that's happened. I went back to the note at then end of the bed. I picked it up and it said.

Harry: Gemma and I went out for a girls day. I saw you had a girl with you so I didn't want to wake the both of you. She looks a lot better then the rest of the girls I've seen you with.

"Your mom seems nice." I mumbled. I didn't want want him to meet my family they'd probably tell him of what happened. "Yeah I think you'd like her." He said sitting up and rubbing soothing circles in my back. I looked at the time. It was almost noon; I had to be at work at 6. "I have to be at work soon." I said barely above a whisper. I watched as hurt filled his gorgeous green eyes. "Can I take you home?" he asked grabbing my hand. It looked so tiny compared to his much larger hands. I didn't want him meet my family it was too soon: too soon for the past to resurface. I also wasn't ready for whatever we had to end. All I did was nod as we climbed out of bed and out to his rental car.

We reached my house. My house that I had so many unforgettable memories in. Today would become another one of those memories. We climbed the old and creaky wooden steps that lead to the front door. Most houses around here were like that because it helped when floods came. Harry trailed behind me: his feet were louder than mine when they hit the wood. I had recently realized that I still wore the clothes I had gone to the beach in. I unlocked the front door and stepped in. The windows of the house were open with curtains swaying with the breeze. The windows being open made the house smell like the ocean. I heard music play and my younger sister, Kat, sing along. I heard footsteps on the wooden floor as I looked up and saw my 3 year old brother run towards me. "Sissy!" he yelled as he jumped into my arms. Every bone in my body wished he knew that I was more than his sister. Every time I studied his face it felt like a dagger ripped through my heart. He was only here because of dark reasons. "Hey Zeke." I said and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He looked up and he must have seen Harry because he looked like he had just seen a ghost. He dug his face into my neck. Zeke knew the dark things that had happened to this family, because he was there through it with me. "Who's that man?" he said with his head still in my neck. I sat him down and knelt on my knees. I grabbed his tiny hands and whispered in his ear, "Zeke that's Harry, Harry's a good man." I said as Zeke began to relax. "Don't be scared of him. Now please go say hi and make him feel welcomed." I let go of Zeke and motioned him over to Harry. He slowly made his way over as Harry slightly smiled. I stood up and smiled as Zeke shook Harry's hand, but my smile faded as I heard Kat gasp. I spun around quickly to see Xavier and Kat stood at the bottom of the stares watching Zeke and Harry.