Chapter 10

Jay's pov:

Jay had been worried sick after Cole's call and was freaking out. How did the creature of his dream have come to real live?! It was impossible! Minutes later he was at the edges of the forest. Since he came all the way running from the junkyard, he was exhausted. He was scared, to say the least. So once he was on the edge of the forest he took a deep breath before venturing in.

"okay Jay, you can do it. Just breath in" He said to himself.

He took another look to the forest. This was crazy. Absolutly mad. But Cole needed him. His best friend needed him. It didn't took too much for Jay to start making his way to find his friend. It was already dark, so finding Cole or Zane wouldn't be the easiest thing ever.

He walked through the forest calling for Cole in a low voice. If that creature heard him, who knows what could happen! Better not to focus on that, he needed to find Cole.

After a while, Jay heard a loud crash. He feared something had happened to any of his friends, and so he rushed. Once he got near to where he though the sound came from he didn't found anything.

Jay couldn't see any tracks or clues from his friends. So Jay decided to risk it and call out for them.

"Cole! Zane!" Jay shouted. As the time passed he only grow worried, but then he heard something. It was like rocks falling out. He tracked the sound and found himself in front of what seemed like a collapsed cave. His worries took control over him and so, he started to search for them.

"Cole! Zane! Are you guys there!" He asked as he moved some little rocks he could. But then the great wall in front of him shake, making many huge rocks fall.

"What..." Jay said lowly as he started to walk backwards to create distance. Then the wall trembled once more, and then anothee time. There was no way his friends could do that. Something else was there.

"yeah... I'm out" Jay said, quickly walking away from the cave.

But as soon as he took some few steps from the cave he saw a silhouette. It was tall and it was pretty far away, so Jay couldn't make out who it was. However, the silhouette turned to face him out of the blue in a creepy way. He stiffened at this, but it just came closer. It wasn't any of his friends, not even human but the creature that Cole had showed them during the call.

"Oh great, this can't get any worse now" Jay said out loud.

But just then the wall from the cave behind him flew open, revealing the same creature inside it. Now he was surrounded by two creatures.

'Good job Jay, you should already know better than to say that!' he though. He hold still hoping they wouldn't attack him, but instead they both started to run towards him. He couldn't outrun them and so he just jumped to the side to avoid being smashed by the two monsters who threw themselves. The monsters didn't noticed each other's presence until it was too late. They both crashed each other and Jay rolled until he hitted with tree. Man, that hurt more than he tough.

However, there were no more creatures. Just a weird and creepy substance on the ground. What had happened? Jay just decided to leave before he find any other monster tonight. He still needed to find Cole and Zane. He then stood up, leaning on the tree he had crashed just seconds algo.

Unluckily for him, the substance started to move.

"What the heck?" Jay said as he backed away from it.

And before his eyes, the substance started to move and mix. Just that this time the creature he had saw before appeared out of it. But this time it was way bigger, and creepier. Jay couldn't take his eyes out of it but soon he started running again. That thing wasn't completely formed so he might get a chance to escape if he didn't make a sound. While he was running he stepped over a stick making it break and revealing his location. The creature turned to him and started approaching slowly.

Jay's heart was beating fast, and he was sweating cold. This was way to creepy and was freaking him out. This could be his very end. He wanted to scream and run, but that wouldn't help him. The thing way bigger than him, it would catch him for sure and he was sure he couldn't trick it again. His eyes didn't get oof the monster. He had already reached some clearing where a bunch of branches laid.

He continued to back away until something caught his eyes, making him stop. Right there he saw his friends and other guys hiding behind a rock and some branches. Jay didn't know what to do. The situation was terrible, he had guide the enormous thing right to their friends. He looked at Zane hoping he had a plan, but he had nothing. He was hiding with two other guys, a brown-haired boy and a girl, Nya. Why would she be out here? It didn't matter now.

He then turned back to face the monster again. But this time he didn't risk to back away in fear that the monster would find his friends and the other guys.

The monster seemed to use that as a cue to throw itself against Jay. He just threw himself again to were Cole and a blonde guy were hiding. The other had moved as soon as the three boys run for their lives. The creature turned to them, took out a weapon that looked like a stick out of the nothing and throw it to them.

"Watch out!" The blond guy yelled. Jay pushed him and Cole out of the way and just in time to avoid being hit by the stick. After all, he had lead that thing to them. He was happy to dodge the stick but the monster soon was running towards him and hitted him with his horns, making him fly though the forest.

"AHHHHHHHHH!"

"JAY!" Zane called out, he was worried sick for Jay and feared he may be injured. But they were too far away to help him and the monster was ready for the second strike.

Jay ended on the ground and didn't even had the time to move before he saw the creature jumping into him. He could only prepare for it. He closed his eyes and try to cover himself. The things was that he didn't felt anything. When he opened his eyes again he just saw the same substance on the ground, but this time it didn't transform into another creature.

Jay sighted and let himself fall back to the ground. That's when he saw what had actually saved him from being smashed. There stood an old man, he had gray hair, and dark eyes. Jay didn't know the man but it seemed that he know him. This was making Jay nervous. If it wasn't for a monster attacking him, his friends and other guys, Jay would though this was the most weird thing of his day.

"Why doesn't it surprise me?" He said while seeing Jay with a serious stare.

Jay could only smile sheepishly and take out a small laugh, hoping to smooth the environment. "Hi"