Chapter Twenty-Four

Começar do início

Gods, Lucy hated this witch. "Thanks for that wonderful, selfless offer, but she already has one. No strings attached."

"Where did she get that?" Bonnie asked, her tone short, angry.

"Me." Lucy walked over and opened the front door. "We'd invite you to stay but it's not really the best time. And you're pissing me off."

"Look, we're not here to see you," Elena snapped. "Can we just see Caroline alone for a minute?"

Stefan barked out a laugh. "She's a newly transitioned vampire. No, you can't."

"Don't you trust her?" Bonnie asks with an ugly expression. "If you didn't think she could control herself, why did you turn her?"

"It's not their fault she's a vampire. It's yours."

Bonnie scoffed.

Lucy left the door open but stepped closer to the witch. She stopped when the girl took a step back. "The only way to save Caroline after the car accident was to give her blood. You know, the car accident you caused by lying and deceiving people who trusted you. Then she died with that blood in her system. Personally, I'm just happy she's here, but that's just me, I guess."

The witch looked from Lucy to Caroline and back again before she hurried out the door. Lucy shifted her attention to Elena. "You should go with her."

For once, Elena did as told and followed after her friend, slamming the door behind her. Lucy turned and rocked on her feet as her blonde bestie threw herself into her arms. Caroline held onto her tightly and cried, her whole body shaking with the action. Truth be told, Lucy had been expecting this. The other girl was overdue for a breakdown.

Caroline just held her tightly as Lucy made comforting noises and rubbed a hand up and down her back. When she caught Stefan's eye, he smiled and mouthed 'thank you'. Lucy answered with a nod.

Damon walked in a couple of minutes later and froze as he took in the scene. He held a tray with to-go coffee in one hand. He kept his eyes on the women as he spoke to his brother. "Is there a reason your newly turned girlfriend has her face buried in my girlfriend's neck?"

Caroline pulled back and put her hands on Lucy's shoulders as she squealed in happiness. "Girlfriend? It's official? When did this happen?"

Lucy laughed at her friend's sudden change in mood. "Last night."

Damon looped his arm around Lucy's neck and pressed a kiss to her temple while subtly pulling her away from Caroline. "How's it going, blondie?"

Caroline shrugged. "I'll get there."

He nodded his head once. "Good."

"Ric's here," Lucy announced and suddenly found herself being pulled into the other room.

"Hello, Ric. Thank you for coming." Damon deposited her on one of the couches before passing out the coffees. There was one for everyone but him. At Lucy's questioning look, he said, "Drank mine on the way home."

He dropped into his spot next to Lucy while Stefan and Caroline cuddled in the large chair nearby.

"Okay. So why am I here?" Ric asked as he looked at all of them.

"We were hoping you could shed some light on the Lockwoods," Damon said.

"Why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?"

Lucy shook her head. "You wouldn't but Isobel might."

At Ric's confused look, Stefan piped up. "You said she had extensively researched this town. Did she mention any supernatural creatures other than vampires?"