Cyan

Howls rung out in the night and snapped me out of my trance.

"Shift!" Alpha Ryan commanded, authority dripping off of his voice. I let down the walls in my mind and allowed my wolf Merci to come forward. Within seconds, my bones had snapped into place and the cold wind tussled through Merci's thick black fur. We were stunning. I always considered my wolf to be my better half. She was strong and independent. I had turned to her for advice since I first shifted. I allowed her full control as she sprinted off into the darkness to enjoy the pack run. I watched as she darted in between trees and dodged obstacles while playfully racing my fellow pack members.

We were halfway through the pack run when Merci came to an abrupt halt. Other pack members swerved around us as they continued into the night. The forrest became silent as we fell behind the rest of the pack. I could feel the hair on the back of our neck stand up.

"Merci?" I called out. She lifted her snout to the air and took a breath.The scent from earlier was stronger now. Chocolate and sea salt filled our chest and clouded our thoughts. I felt as if I was swimming in my mind when a figure emerged from the tree line. Before we could react, the air was knocked out of our lungs. A large wolf towered over us and the steam from their hot breath rolled towards the night sky.

"Mate." The wolf growled as he stuck his snout into our fur and took a deep breath.

"Mate." Merci growled and chanted in our mind. There was a moment of silence as we stared into our mates beautiful eyes. Warm sparks jolted up my spine when our bodies grazed against one another. I felt at peace. Merci bucked the large brown wolf off of us and we raced together towards the pack house. We caught up with the rest of the wolves as we neared the end of the run. We became separated in the crowd as the run came to a stop. Both packs began to shift back and my bones snapped into their original position. I slipped on my dress as Merci paced restlessly in my head. I waited as the crowd dissipated but my mate was no where to be found. I had only seen his wolf but I would be able to recognize his scent.

After waiting for what felt like an eternity, I slowly started the walk to my house. Thoughts rang through my head.

Was there something wrong with me?
Was he looking for me too?
Did my mate not want me?

I quickly developed a headache and placed my hands against my face to try and stop the ache in my temples. For the first time, Merci was silent in my mind, offering me no comfort. I felt sick. A dull pain crept slowly into my gut and gradually increased as I continued to walk. I neared my moms house and was not sure I could continue to my own. I walked up to the door and when I reached for the handle Merci called out to me.

"Allera, I am so sorry. You are better than this. You know what to do. This is going to take a lot out of me okay?" I stopped briefly. Before I could push Merci for answers, I could feel her place a mental wall between us. I was hurt. That was something she had never done.

I grabbed the handle and pulled the door open. I was immediately hit with a wall of that delicious scent. Chocolate and sea salt. Only this time, there was something else.

I could smell sex and arousal and I wanted to be sick. My hands and legs were shaking as I stumbled towards my mothers living room. I rounded the corner to find my sister mounted on top of my mate. She locked eyes with me from across the room and I saw a smirk spread across her face briefly and she thrusted her hips down onto my mate and let out a moan.

It was at that moment that I completely lost control. I glided across the room and dragged my sister off of my mate by her hair.

"What the hell bitch!" She chuckled as she sturdied herself on her feet. As she opened her mouth to say something sarcastic, I could not help but to punch her in the face. I turned to my so called mate as rage flowed through my veins. I was seeing red and felt as if the room was spinning.

"Little mate, I apologize. I didn't know she was your sister." My mate said cockily as he rose to his feet. My breathing hitched as I looked at what my life could have been. He was the most beautiful man I had ever seen. Tall, dark, and, handsome with bright blue eyes. "Allow me to properly introduce myself. I am Alpha Cyan Wood of the Red Clay pack." He grunted as he slipped back into his bottoms.

I could feel tears threatening to form in my eyes as I stared at my mate in disgust. He wanted me to treat this like nothing happened? Alpha Cyan reached out his hand and placed it gently on the side of my face. I did not break eye contact as I carefully calculated what I was going to do. I felts warm sparks under his hand and my anger was beginning to subside.

"I expect this will not cause an issue little mate?" He said with a slight pout.

"No!" I shouted as I smacked his hand off of my face. "I Allera Knox of the Howling Ridge Pack Reject you, Alpha Cyan Wood of the Red Clay Pack. Fuck you and fuck the mate bond."I growled with venom and hatred spilling from my lips. He clenched his chest as I feel the slight pain of our bond sever.

"Disrespectful bitch. You could have been Luna of my pack. It's shame you don't know your place. I accept your rejection" Cyan chuckled. I watched as he extended an arm to my sister before I turned my back on them and stormed out the door.

Overcoming Betrayalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें