36

MATILDA! CHAPTER THIRTY SIX:
ARREST
______________

Liz slowly opened her eyes, The sun was just rising and she rubbed her eyes seeing that she was now in her bed in the chateau. She looked at the other side of the bed to see JJ sitting facing the window with his leg bouncing up and down. She tried to get up but a pain shot through her leg and she made a loud enough noise to get JJs attention. He seemed to get up really quickly and looked at her with wide eyes before grabbing her face gently.

"Thank god your okay" He said pulling her into a long slow steamy kiss.

It was slower than usual and normally JJ loved the fast pace kisses but he didn't want to hurt her. He was scared last night. As scared as he's ever been about losing someone so close to him. Thought it was simply a gunshot, but it felt like a knife to the heart. Liz lifted her jaw up and purposely groaned up against JJs lips making him even more aroused—but than she heard footsteps come towards the room and stopped quickly, placing her hand over JJs mouth making him whine.

"Good Morning Lovebirds" John B stood at the door of Cassie's room "Thanks for almost dying last night
Liddy" he said sarcastically walking towards the two with a smile on his face

"Yeah, what else says welcome home other than your best friend getting shot by her crazy brother"
Liz giggled and John B helped her escape JJs grasp.

"Alright big boy, give me my Liddy back" John B lifted Liz out of the bed and JJ groaned "come on JJ we gotta wait for Kie and Pope to get back"

after 20 minutes Pope and Kie came towards the chateau, the group started to go towards the two. Liz limped as JJ tried to quickly help her, with Sarah and John B behind them.

"Finally. Hey!" JJ yelled, noticing their were tying up the boat "Guys, don't tie up. Stop it!"

"What?" Kie asked

"We're dipping." JJ stated

"Wait, why?" Pope questioned

"What? What are you talking about?"

"What happened last night?" John B asked towards Pope and Kie

"We slept on the break. What's up?"

"Slept, right. Yeah." JJ said, tapping Popes shoulder and helping Liz into the boat.

"What happened to Liz?" Kie asked

"That's why we gotta get the hell out of here." John B stated

"Rafe knows we're here, so we have to leave, like, now." Sarah told them

The six of them all sat on the rocks, of the separate island from the cut. Liz sat with JJ supporting her.

"Look, if Rafe and Barry know, it's only a matter of time—"

"—Before everyone knows." Liz finished Kies sentence

"I told you." JJ scoffed "We should've gone south, man." JJ said

"Just stop it."

"Why does no one ever listen?"

"I get it. I get it. I understand."

"I have an idea." Sarah spoke up "With me back, my dad's going to have to choose between me and Rafe."

"Sarah—"

"He's gonna choose me." She stated confidently

"Just please listen. Ward keeps lying to you, Sarah."