Chapter 15: After The Fight.

Allen's final scream filled the arena as blood oozed from his fatal wound. He then fell backward to the ground, dead and covered in his own blood. The announcer took one look at the scene and knew exactly what he must say. His voice partially solemn in hopes of not angering the king of ground.

"After quite the fight, Allen can no longer stand or live another day! Thomas Billinton wins the match! And with it being the only one, he also wins the betrothal with her highness, Princess Lady Stone!"

To his surprise, all of the visiting spectators cheered for him as Thomas looked about in shock. He didn't expect the people, even those from the Kingdom of Ground to be pleased with the outcome. Looking towards the royal's area, he gave Lady a brief smile and was about to walk over and see her, when Landon sprung out of his seat and into the battlefield. He darted toward Thomas with an angry look across his face.

"You pitiful, little boy. HOW DARE YOU KILL MY SON?!! HOW DARE YOU TAKE HIS BRIDE?!!!" Thomas was about to ready himself for an upcoming attack from the king of ground, when Gordon and Henry rushed in and restrained him by the arms. "LET ME GO YOU GUARDS!!!! I AM A KING!!! LET ME GO NOW!!! LET ME SLAY THAT BOY WHO KILLED MY SON!!!!"

The commander and vice of the royal guard dragged Allen toward Burnett as he looked on in dismay and disappointment. He sighed as he then drew out his own sword.

"Landon Tyrann. As the king of the kingdom of light, I hereby ban you from ever coming in!" The crowd gasped in shock as the king of ground dropped his jaw.

"B-Burnett! You can't do that!"

"I can, and I am." The father of Lady replied as he then pointed his sword right at the king of ground's throat. "Your subjects are free to come in as they please just as long as they follow the rules, but you however are not. There is a reason why we go over those terms before the fight, so it's reminded to everyone that there is a high chance of death for every person fighting, even the princes. Instead, you tossed those terms aside, and prepared to attack Thomas after he won fair and square! You are to cool off in our dungeons tonight! Before you head off back to your kingdom first thing tomorrow morning! Should your face be anywhere within the villages that help me feed the people here and that our guards protect in return, I will take up the chance to personally kill you, if they or Thomas had not done so already! You are no longer welcome here, Landon! Deal with it!" He then snapped his fingers, gesturing Gordon and Henry to take Landon to the dungeon. The king of ground screamed again as he was dragged away.

"THIS IS NOT OVER!!! I WILL MAKE YOU PAY FOR THIS BURNETT STONE!!!! MARK MY WORDS!!!!"

Burnett sighed and plopped back onto his seat as Tasha tenderly began to massage his shoulders.

"You did the right thing, Burnett." Tasha spoke lovingly. "Landon sadly is the kind of person who can only learn through the hard way."

"I suppose you're right." Burnett sighed in reply. "But something tells me that this won't be the last of him." He then sighed again, as his eyes set on Thomas. Even from a glance, he can tell that he came such a long way and couldn't help but feel proud of him. He smiled at the boy, knowing how true of a good-hearted young man he was.

A boy certainly worthy of the title "Son-in-law" within his eyes.

Several minutes after the fight, Thomas met Burnett, Lady, and Tasha within the throne room. It was still littered with crystals, but they were being cleared up as the workers and palace staff made good progress on fixing the roof. Thomas sighed sadly as he stood by Lady's side in front of her parents.

"I'm very sorry about the mess, your majesty." He said apologetically. Burnet only smiled as he looked into the remorseful eyes of his daughter's soon-to-be fiance.