• Chapter 4 •

Kokichi woke up much later today than yesterday because there weren't any phone calls to wake him up this time.

He decides to explore his apartment a little because he didn't really notice all the details when cleaning.

He spends his time looking around; on shelves, in drawers, in boxes, you name it. Nothing new or interesting was found at the time. It was now around 4PM. 

"Mehhhhh, boooored," Kokichi plopped down on to his couch, tired from running around the house looking for random stuff. He zoned out without realizing, and when he noticed he was thinking about a certain green-haired boy, he zoned back in. A light blush dusted his cheeks.

He decided to go on a walk for no apparent reason. To get some fresh air is what he thought.

Kokichi walked out the door, and just picked a random direction. He ended up at a park filled with green trees, bushes, colorful flowers. A group of 9 people stood in a circle whispering and tapping on their phones next to the fountain in the center of the park. He decided to eavesdrop for fun.

"Okay but how do we do this?" one of them spoke up after a moment of thinking.

"Uh, luck..?"

"You're going to rely on luck to find them??" was yelled, then immediately followed by a shushing noise.

"I posted a thing on the internet."

"..It's not about our plans, is it?"

"Wait, we weren't supposed to post about that? I talked about this, like, everywhere!"

"Oh my gosh..."

Kokichi eventually grew bored of this due to lack of context, and left. He looked back, thinking he heard his name from said group, but brushed it off as them being fans or just recognizing him.

There was a store on the way here, so he went in. It looked bigger on the inside than the outside, with bright blinding white lights illuminating the place.

He immediately ran to the toy aisle, then the snack aisle.

After paying, he stepped outside and noticed the clouds getting grayer. While walking back home plastic bag in hand, he kept hearing talking. Every time he checked behind him, it would stop. He didn't see anyone though, so he was convinced he was being haunted and speed-walked home.

He walked into his apartment room, locked the door, and put the freshly bought things away, except for a bag of chips. He opened his laptop along with the chip bag, and began mindlessly scrolling and snacking.

After a while of liking random memes, reading long text posts, a strange post caught his attention.

It was about Danganronpa, specifically Danganronpa V3.

"Ah, so that's what V3 meant.." Kokichi spoke as he clicked on the post. It was a bunch of paragraphs. He lightly skimmed through it, gathering everything he needed to know.

"A new Danganronpa, get ready for V4, we'll make a better ending, blah blah blah" he was about to close the post, "Hm? "The cast will be just as good as V3's"? Uh, that's impossible."

Kokichi replied to the post.

as if ur gonna get someone just as good as me :P
im the fan favorite, did u know?

He was about to click off, when he immediately got a reply on his comment.

"That was fast.."

We're not going to get just "someone", we're going to get YOU!