• Chapter 1 •

Kokichi opened his eyes to see a white ceiling, bright lights, and a heart monitor beeping. He realized he was in a hospital.

He does not remember how he got there, or why he is there. He tries to remember what happened, but to no avail.

"...Jeez.. My head hurts.. and so does the rest of my body.. What happened?" he spoke out loud to himself, sitting up in the hospital bed.

Suddenly, a door opens, and a nurse walks in.

"Oh! You're awake! That's good!" she started speaking.

"Who are you? Why am I here?" Kokichi immediately asked the nurse.

"I'm Ms. Suzuki, a nurse here. You are here because you were killed in the killing game. But it was all a simulation, though it did affect some of you guys, haha..." the nurse spoke nervously.

She then writes something down, and lets Kokichi go.

"Oh, before you leave, the others should also be awake right now. I believe you are the last one to wake up," Ms. Suzuki said, and quickly left the room.

"The others..? " Kokichi thought, but couldn't remember much.

"Killing game? I don't remember being in.. No, I do.. I remember now.. I don't think the others would be too happy to see me though..." Kokichi finally remembered and hesitated leaving the room.

There was a TV in the corner. All it showed was a faint static background, with "The End" written on it. There was also a logo in the corner, V3, whatever that meant, he couldn't have known. He then opened the door and left.

He looked around in the hallway, and followed the sounds of people talking. Soon he reached a door to the room with the exit.

Everyone was there.. Everyone was alive.. Well.. Almost everyone. Tsumugi was nowhere to be found.

He prepares himself, remembering his ingame personality. He opens the doors with a bit more force than he wanted, but basically no one noticed. They were all talking to each other.

"Kokichi?" someone pointed out, and everyone looked around for Kokichi.

"Jeez, finally. Took you guys awhile to find the star of the show," Kokichi said, with an annoyed expression, "Miss me?" he continued.

"Of course not!" Kaito immediately blurts out.

Kokichi rolls his eyes at Kaito and puts his hands behind his head. Kaito, along with most of them went back to talking with the others.

"Hey, bitch," Miu walked towards Kokichi

"Hey, cum dumpster. If you're gonna complain about the murder, don't," Kokichi replied. Miu simply sat down on the chair next to Kokichi.

"Fiiine. I won't," Miu then finally spoke.

"Also, you were going to kill me anyways. You have no right to complain," Kokichi said.

"I guess you're right," Miu replied.

"Glad we agree!" Kokichi said with somewhat of a smile.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Miu spoke, clearly tired.

"You're not going to apologize for planning to kill me?" Kokichi said, in a tone as if his feelings were hurt.

"You apologize first, then I'll apologize," Miu offered Kokichi.

"Ooookay. I apologize for defending myself," Kokichi grinned.

"Hey! I didn't even do anything, so you can't call it self-defense!" Miu was offended.

"Alright, alright, sorry for making Gonta kill you," Kokichi was defeated, "This is the only time I have to apologize for something like this in my life, it's so weird."

"And I'm sorry for planning to kill you," Miu apologized, ".. this is far more embarrassing to say than it should be," she then said.

"Especially when it's about murder," Kokichi replied.

"That's not the embarrassing part," Miu looked very annoyed, and then focused on something else.

A door opened which caught everyone's attention.

"They don't notice me bursting into the room but they notice THAT? Oookayy," Kokichi thought and pretended to be offended.

A nurse walked into the room they were in. "Uhm.. You guys are the killing game participants, right? I, uh.. I have to give these to you all," she said, fidgeting with some papers.

She then called all of the students, one by one. Then it was Kokichi's turn. She gave him keys, and a piece of paper with information on it, like an address, and various phone numbers.

"Hmm? What's this?" Kokichi asked.

"These are your keys to your home. The, uhm, phone numbers are from you all," she responded nervously, gesturing to the crowd in the last sentence.

Everyone left, and went their separate ways.

Most of them were recognized by random people, who were fans of the killing game, fairly quickly. Kokichi then snuck away after distracting all of his fans with a spare scarf.

"I'm so lucky I had that," Kokichi ran in a random direction he hoped was right, "Where am I anyways? "

He finally got to his destination, which was an apartment building.

"Oh my god. I actually made it."

He walks to the second floor, and into his apartment.

I wonder what old memories could lie here?

(A/N if you happen to notice spelling mistakes, or sentences that are worded weirdly, please let me know in the comments! Also, this is somewhat my first time writing, soooo yeah.)

(BTW, If you didn't know already, italic text means thinking)