Feelings

-Altair's P.O.V-

He gripped the reins hard as his horse jumped a fallen log heading up to Masyaf. He reached the stables, dismounting he let his body drop to the ground. He was so confused and shocked. He had just lost his friend who he's known since he was a novice, and Kadar. He felt even more angry that he was bested by a mere templar. He wanted to scream and shout in anger. He panted gently from the long heated ride, getting to his feet he passed through the gates. Raju was there to greet him.

"Altair you've returned!" He greeted.

Altair nodded trying to act formal.

"Raju."

"It is good to see you unharmed. I trust the recovery was a success?" He glanced behind Altair wondering where the others were, Altair broke his observation.

"Is the Master in his tower?" He asked.

"Yes yes, buried in his books as always. No doubt he expects you and..." He stopped as he remembered the others weren't present.

Altair closed his eyes on the horrible feeling that flowed through his veins.

"My thanks Brother"

"Safety and Peace Altair."

"On you as well."

Altair walked away, his hood covering the pained expression that covered his entire face. He broke into a run, racing up the mountain passing the villagers and assassin guards. He stopped as he reached the fortress gates, he tensed as he was approached by Abbas.

"Ah, he returns at last."

"Abbas." Altair said his name as if it were poison.

"Where are the others? Did you ride ahead hoping to be the first one back? I know you are loathed to share the glory."

Altair clenched his fists.

"Silence is just another form of a sin." Abbas chuckled.

"Have you nothing better to do?" Altair growled.

"I bring word from the Master, he waits for you. Best hurry, no doubt your eager to put your tongue to his boot." Abbas joked.

"Another word and I'll put my blade to you throat!" Altair threatened.

"There'll be plenty of time for that later.. BROTHER." Abbas spat the last word.

Altair walked on past, frowning deeply from the encounter. He kept his head down avoiding all contact with anyone,.. everyone. He reached the Masters study, gathering his thoughts and putting on a formal act and a deep breath he entered.