The Eighth Grade Begins

*4 Months Later*

After being crammed into our school for a year they finally decide to build a new school because there were too many of us attending York Jr. High, so Irons Jr. High was built. I'll turn 15 next month and I finally grew to a whopping 5'6. I know not much, but small improvements are good enough for me. I got up for the first day pretty early, heading into my bathroom and taking a shower making sure to wash my face since I woke up early enough this time. I get out of the shower dry off and wrap the towel around my waist and go into my closet. I grab a pair of compression briefs from the center island drawer and drop my towel pulling on the underwear. I walk over to my shirts and pick out a Fitch t-shirt pulling it over my head, I pick out a pair of Under Armour golf shorts pulling them on. I grab a pair of ankle socks from the island and some Nike sneakers and head into my room grabbing my backpack from the desk area. I head into the living room throw my stuff on the couch and head into the kitchen and start making myself breakfast. I sit down at the breakfast table and eat, then head into the living room and sit on the couch. I start putting my shoes on before I head back into the kitchen putting my plate into the dishwasher. I head out the front door push the lock button and head out to the bus stop. Meeting up with some of my friends. Two of them live on my street, Natalie and Rachel. We all three walk down to the bus stop talking about our summer and just catching up, when we get to the bus we meet up with other kids who ride our bus. We stand there listening to music on our phones and talking until the bus finally pulls up, we all line up and get on the bus. I sit down in the front, Natalie sits next to me and we share headphones listening to music as the bus moves on to the next stop. As the bus stops at Ty's stop I look out the window seeing him. I haven't seen him since last year. He looks like he's gotten taller, about 6'1 now, and has bulked up. He's much more muscular than when I saw him on the last day of school last year. Ty gets on the bus talking to my friend Liam whom I grew up with, I look up and make eye contact with Ty. He winks at me and bumps me playfully and walks back to the back of the bus. I look back as he sits down with Liam, he looks back my way smiling. I blush turning back to look out the window. The bus starts moving heading to the new school. The bus commute has doubled from last year having to get on the highway now to get to school. When we finally pull into the bus area of the school I get off the bus with Natalie and we walked into the cafeteria. Natalie and I split up as I see a couple of my friends from last year, I waive heading over to them and sitting down. We start to talk catching up having not seen them since before summer break. I tell them I was glad that they ended up coming to the new school. 

After 30 mins the assistant principal dismisses us to our classes, I hug everyone and head to first period. As the day progresses I go to each period learning the class locations and teachers, introducing myself over and over again all day. I get to fifth period which is science and sat down in class. I watch as people come into the class recognizing some and seeing some that are new. I see one of the guys that were on the football team last year. He walks in and sits next to me. "Hi, I'm Connor," I say putting my hand out. He shakes my hand "Alex" he says. He looks familiar to me but I couldn't figure out why. I give up trying to figure it out, a couple more people come in, and this girl sits next to Alex and he seems to know her. She waves at me and says "I'm Artiola, what's your name?"

"I'm Connor, nice to meet you," I say waving back. She sits back and Alex and her start to talk. The teacher walks in and everyone gets quiet. She has us all introduce ourselves, I introduce myself to the class then we move on. She puts us all into assigned seating for labs, and I get assigned next to another girl. She's dressed in all black with ripped fishnets on her arms and hands. She was very pale. She was blonde with streaks of lime green and hot pink. She looks at me and waves as I sit down next to her introducing myself. She does that same, her name is Darien. We talk the rest of the class getting to know each other and showing each other our schedules. As she's looking at my schedule she says "You have Coach Ramirez next, so do I!"
"Good, I'll have someone to sit next to me," I say back she smiles, the bell rings and we head to sixth period together. As we walk in and see the layout of the class we both chose to grab seats in the back middle row next to each rather than on the sides of the class that both face the middle of the room. We watch as everyone else walks into class and sits down. Darien and I continue to talk, getting to know each other as a girl walks in and sits down in front of Darien. I see a couple of people I had last year walk in, including a girl I had in science last year named Belinda. She comes up to me waving and asking if I remember having her in science last year. "How could I forget! You pierced your nose in the middle of class." I say looking at her like she's crazy. She laughs "Yeah I was pretty crazy back then." She walks off sitting on the side closest to the door facing Darien and me.  The class fills up getting louder as everyone is talking and introducing themselves. The girl sitting in front of Darien turns around and  says "Hi, I'm Chloe." Darien introduces herself as do I. She tells us how she moved here from New Hampshire, this is her first year we tell her that it's gonna be great. The coach comes in with three people following behind him. One bumps me and I turn around to see who it is and Ty is standing there. He smiles at me and then I see Alex, that's when it hits me, that's why he looked so familiar, he played football with Ty last year, and he was a part of that group. Ty and Alex sit on the opposite side of the classroom right in front of Coach Ramirez's desk. Coach Ramirez goes to the front of the classroom, standing in front of the whiteboard. Everyone stops talking and straightens up in their seats, he introduces himself and tells us his class rules. After he finishes he says for the rest of the period y'all can talk and get to know each other. He walks back to his desk, I look over to see Ty and Alex talking to Coach Ramirez.

After 45 mins the bell rings and I start grabbing my stuff. As I'm packing I look over and I can see Ty, we make eye contact again and he winks at me like he always does, I blush and look down, getting up. Darien grabs me with Chloe behind her. "Well, I'll see y'all tomorrow!" She says. "Yes, you will," I say as I start to walk out of the classroom heading to the seventh period. Which is my reading elective. I walk into class and pick a seat sitting down next to a girl who rides my bus. I look at her and say "hey, you ride my bus right?"

 "Yeah, my name is Calista," she says "Connor," I say. "So whatcha reading?" I say sparking a conversation before the teacher came in. Once the teacher came in she started speaking "You will have three projects about the books you read. You get to pick whatever book you want but make sure you're reading. Y'all have the rest of the period to read. Please never get above a whisper." She says. We read for the rest of the period, as it gets close to the end of class I find a stopping spot and start to pack up my stuff. Calista looks over and does the same, we walk down to the cafeteria together. We sit waiting for our bus to get to the school, as we wait we talk and get to know each other. Once the bus gets there we get on and sit in the front. Calista sits next to me and pulls out her headphones, plugging them into her phone. I put my earbuds in and started listening to a shuffle of my music. Riding home was a nice long ride, Calista gets off the bus before I do. So I'm left in the seat by myself, once we finally get to my stop. I get off the bus walking with Rachel and Nat to our street. Nat breaks off from us being the first house on the street, Rachel and I walk down the street talking until I get to my house. I wave bye and type the code into the door, pushing it open and walking into the house. 

A/N: Please vote and or leave a comment so I know what y'all think.