The Meeting

The first time I met him I was 14. I was just starting 7th grade. I was a shorty at 5'4 with dark brown short-medium length hair and hazel eyes. I often wore glasses because I was too lazy to put my contacts in. I was slim around 125lbs and toned, I was often picked on and bullied because I was gay, it didn't help that I was pretty quiet most of the time, barely talking to anyone unless I knew them. I was often called names though it never got physical so I chose to not let it bother me too much. Starting 7th grade was nerve-racking, going to a new school even if I did know mostly everybody from 6th grade. I did my usual thing before school. Waking up and took a shower, brush my teeth, and got dressed for the day. Bringing my stuff out into the living room, put it on the couch, and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast for myself. My mom was always at work by the time I got up for school. I'd sit in the living room eating at the coffee table and watching tv until it was time to head to the bus stop. I'd put my dishes in the dishwasher turn off the lights and head out. Making sure to push the lock button on the door behind me. I'd get to the bus stop and meet up with my friends. We'd talk like always and wait for the bus to get there. Once it got there we'd all line up and get on the bus, I always sat in the front with one of my friends. We'd share headphones listening to music and looking out the window or watching people get on at each stop. The next stop is when I met him, Colton Tyler Cash. I saw him standing in line to get on the bus. He was taller than me but then again so are most people. He was about 5'11 at the time with bleach blond hair and blue eyes. He was pale, athletic-looking with toned muscular arms. He didn't live very far away from me, it was about a block and a half to get to his house from mine. I had never seen him at school before. He got on the bus and went all the way to the back of the bus. Him being the athletic type, he tried out for basketball and football. Making both teams, he was very outgoing and made friends easily. Clicking with all the groups, but sticking mainly to the athletes and "popular" group. He was always the one offering help to anyone he saw in need at the moment. I didn't see him much after that with him making the football team. He had practice every afternoon so I only saw him in the mornings. Every time I saw him my heart would beat fast, and I would try to talk to him. But something always got in the way.