Island Exam Part 1

Half an hour later, 

"Ayanokouji-kun, we've found this spot." Hirata said, as Ayanokouji surveyed their riverside spot. 

"Who found this place?" Ayanokouji asked. 

"It was Ike-kun." Hirata said, as everyone else nodded, and Ike smiled sheepishly. 

"This is a good spot." Ayanokouji said. 

"Eh, it's not that big of a deal bro." Ike replied. "I used to go camping with my parents back when I was a kid. I guess some habits stuck." 

"If that's true, then Ike-kun is an expert for these situations." A girl said. 

"True, having him will help us." Another added, as Ike blushed under the praise. 

"We have our spot, so why not claim it already?" Horikita burst in, as everyone looked at Ayanokouji. 

"You are right Horikita, but Sensei said it'll take a few minutes to get the card, and thus I decided to follow you, while Kouenji will get the card from sensei." Ayanokouji explained. "I also managed to get us some good firewood. I believed it would be better if we got started right away. Is that not better?" 

"Yeah! Why are you sceptical of Ayanokouji-kun huh?" Karuizawa asked. "Do you not trust him?" 

"Or are you jealous of him?" Shinohara added, as people continued to glare at her. 

"Guys, that's enough." Ayanokouji butted in. "As it goes, I believe that at most, we can spend half of the points we have." 

"HALF?!!" Ike yelled, as many others joined him. 

"Calm down." Ayanokouji said. "I know that we need Class points, but you need to understand. It is impossible for us to not spend any points at all, and at most, we have to prepare for the possibility of at least 3 people dropping out. Based on that, I have allocated 90 points for that, and 60 points for our spending. Is that understandable?" 

"So if no one drops out, we still end with 240 points?" Yukimura asked. 

"True. That is still a lot of points. Not taking the bonus points into account of course." Matsushita added. 

"Precisely. You seem to be quite intelligent yourself Matsushita." Ayanokouji said. 

"N-no, not at all. I'm just observant." Matsushita stuttered, as Yukimura raised an eyebrow, but remained silent. 

"As the matter goes, we have 280 points right now." Ayanokouji said, taking a stick as he wrote the number in the soil for everyone to see. "A toilet costs us 20 points. It may seem expensive, but the toilet is the only problem that we have. Besides the tents, that is." 

"Thank you Ayanokouji-kun!" Kushida exclaimed, excitedly hugging him, as a few other girls expressed their thanks. 

"Ayano-bro getting all the girls huh?" Ike asked. 

"Yeah, Shinohara-san seemed extremely happy right there." Yamauchi remarked. 

"W-w-what?! No!!" Shinohara blushed, as the class chuckled. 

"Anyways. 16 people will sleep in the tents, that is true. Besides, we need people outside to keep watch on our spot, so it would be beneficial if the rest slept outside regardless." Ayanokouji explained. 

"So the girls will sleep in the tents right?" Shinohara asked. 

"No." Ayanokouji replied. "It would be 8 girls and 8 boys in the tents, while the rest will be outside. We can alternate on the groups of 8 on a day to day basis."