Chapter 11: The try-outs

Start from the beginning

"Age is just a number!" Lili sang with a smirk. "And look at you! Every guy loves a pretty blonde!"

Lucy and Lili laughed, but Ginny stayed quiet, looking a bit absent. "Are you OK, Gin?" Lucy asked when she realised how quiet the other ginger was.

Ginny merely nodded and we went to lunch in total silence. Lucy shot some worried looks at her, but Ginny ignored those com- pletely.

Lucy's POV:

The days after this were weird with Ginny. She was quieter than normally. I myself wasn't myself either to be honest.

Students started making mean comments about my appearence, in particular my scars, after the incident with Malfoy.

They did this either behind my back, while I could easily overhear them or when I was alone, in my face. I preferred the last one.

I was lucky that Harry was busy with his own shit to deal with, like his detentions after the car incident. He had to serve it with Lockart, while Ron had to polish trop- heys for Filch.

Hermione was also occupied with her ob- session with the library, even more than last year, Harry muttered one night.

"No! I'm done with your shit now Wood!" Alicia Suddenly cried out, standing up. "I'm so done! I am RESIGNING!"

with that, she stormed out with Wood looking shocked.

"Oh God, poor Alicia!" Hermione whispered. "I heard he's been harsh on her lately, because her Quidditch skills aren't improving!"

"Wood's hard on all of us though," Fred commented. "She's just taking personally." He sighed defeated and returned to his conversation with George.

"So now they really need new people," Liliana said, grinning. "It'll be even more exciting to watch!"

Quidditch tey-outs were that very afternoon and we all went to watch: Ginny, Liliana, Vanessa and I. The whole team was there, prepairing.

Since no one else was trying for Seeker, Harry didn't really need to try out, so instead, he was in the stands with Ron and Wood, watching.

"And who's being chosen up till now?" I asked them, when we came to stand next to them.

"The twins as beaters," Wood said decisively. "No one's gonna beat 'em, too good."

"And chasers?" Liliana asked on. "You miss one right now."

Wood sighed frustrated. "There's no one here who comes close to Alicia," Harry informed when Wood didn't say anything.

"Should've been nicer then?" Vanessa said with a grin.

"You sound like Hermione," Ron groaned.

"That's not a bad thing!" I protested, hitting him on the shoulder. He ducked, but couldn't avoid me and groaned in pain.

"Wait a minute," Wood said, thinking hard while looking at me intense.

"What is it?" I asked him, a bit uncom- fortable from his look.

"Nope," Harry already said clearly. "Don't even think of it Wood!"

"What?"

"Would you like to-"

"No she would not!"

"D'you wanna win the Cup this year or not?!" Ron yelled at him, suddenly seeing as well. "You've seen the candidates, it's our only chance!"

"I'm not having it!" Harry insiated.

"Wait, you're asking me if I want to join?"

The girls gasped in realisation and excite- ment.