chapter 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

ᵗʳⁱᵇᵘᵗᵉ

‧₊˚🏹✩ ₊˚⊹

[ the interviews ]

𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐬.

I had never seen someone as violent as Cato before, seeing him slice through the training dummies as if they were nothing. I felt a fear course through me when I watched Clove. She was sadistic and brutal, these qualities shown in her deathly accurate aim as she threw a set of knives. 

Then there were the Tributes from District 1. Glimmer wasn't much. I kept a close eye on her when she went to the bow and arrow, finding that she was quite fond of the weapon. I had to get to it first. And there was Marvel. Not as strong as Cato, but still ruthless with his spear-throwing.

I sighed as I watched Peeta fall from the rope ladder, the Careers snickering at him. He exhaled a breath of pain, and I slipped down next to him. "Throw that metal thing over there," I told him.

"What?" he asked. Peeta looked over, finding the large, heavy-looking metal balls to the side of the room. He then glanced up at Seneca Crane, the Gamemaker's and other elite members. "No. Haymitch said we're not supposed to show our skills-."

"I don't care what Haymitch said," I cut off, shaking my head. "Those guys are looking at you like you're a meal. Throw it." I stood back up, walking off to another station, leaving Peeta to make up his mind.

" I stood back up, walking off to another station, leaving Peeta to make up his mind

The boy slowly rose to his feet, limping as he walked over to the cart. He lifted one of the metal spheres, stepping onto one of the elevated platforms. Clenching his jaw, he grunted, heaving the ball over his head. It flew through the air and knocked over one of the dolly's that was holding some spears. 

I smirked as Glimmer and Marvel backed away slightly, and Cato muttered, "Not bad."

After focusing on some more trapping, I decided to visit Peeta again. "Hi," I greeted softly, and he looked up, eyes widening, lips tugging into a smile.