Answers

Early the next morning The Doctor and Clara were sat on the sofa talking as Sarah slept peacefully in the hospital bed.

"Have you slept with many of your companions then?" Clara asked in as casual way as she could.

"I've slept with all of my companions at one point or another Clara. I slept with you last night" The Doctor pointed out sounding irritated by Clara's stupidity

"Thats not what I ment Doctor" Clara laughed shaking her head.

The Doctor looked at Clara confussed for a second before realisation dawned on him and he looked really uncomfortable shifting in his chair awkwardly.

"Well I.. You know some. Only those I really cared about" The Doctor spluttered reminding Clara of his previous incarnation. "Besides her mum wasn't a companion I only knew her a week" The Doctor blushed

"Ooo you move fast then" Clara teased

"Yea my 8th and 10th bodies were quite fast movers, They enjoyed more physical interactions" The Doctor mummbled clearly nervous and embaressed.

"And what about me Doctor" Clara whispered seductively feeling brave for once and slightly sleep deprived which makes her do stupid things.

"What-what about you?" The Doctor gulped. He wasn't sure were this was going but he thought Clara was flirting with him. Would Clara flirt with him? He didn't think so.

"Do you care about me?" Clara asked her voice full of expectation and desire.

Clara had flirted with his previous incarnation of course but this was more intence more meaningfull and carried alot more weight. It was more like a Promise.

Tension started to build between the two of them as they both leaned in closer, their shoulders brushing of each other and their faces inches apart. Clara bit her bottom lip which made The Doctors hearts skip a beat.

Their lips were just about to touch when the door opened The Doctor jumped back to the far corner of the small sofa and rubbed his forehead and Clara's cheeks burned red. A nurse dressed in a unit uniform stepped into the room

"Sorry I just need to check Sarah's machines" The nurse muttered apologetically.

The Doctor had shouted at the nurse a few days before for trying to give Sarah an asprin IV and she was still alittle scared of him. The Doctor had very little tolerence for anyone of UNIT since he found out what they had done.

"Doctor Sir. I just wanted to check you've put her species down as Timelord-TARDIS. I don't understand Sir I thought tardis was your machine" The nurse asked in a small voice.

"Of course you don't your a pudding brain, worse your a unit pudding brain" The Doctor snapped earning a slap to the back of the head by Clara whos cheeks were still red. He took a deep breath and started again "Sarah's a child of the tardis theres no mistake" He sounded like a small child being forced to give an appology.

The nurse blushed wrote something down on Sarah's notes before hurrying off.

"Whats a child of The TARDIS?" Sarahs croaky voice asked.

"Oh hey you. You're awake" Clara smiled jumping up to get Sarah a drink of water that she took greatfully her throat felt really dry and scratchy. She drunk half the glass in one go feeling alot better.

"So what is a child of The TARDIS" Sarah asked again in a much stronger voice.

"I'll just go see if I can find some breakfast for us. leave you two alone for a minute" Clara said leaving the room.

A awkward silence filled the room when Clara left. Neither of them knew how to act around the other now. Sarah had never had a dad before and The Doctors youngest child died over a thousand year ago the rest died during the time war.

"A Child of The TARDIS is a child concieved with in The TARDIS while shes in the vortex" The Doctor explained nervously breaking the silence.

"Ok so what does that mean?" Sarah asked still confussed

"A piece of The TARDIS soul lives in you. Its why shes so caring with you. I should have realised then, its the same way she behaves with River" The Doctor sounded annoyed what at Sarah wasn't sure.

"Rivers a child of The TARDIS too?" Sarah asked shocked

"Well yes thats why theres the rule. Rivers parents used to travel with me and well hanky panky" The Doctor answered casually but his cheeks burned red with embaressment of having to talk about human Intamicy.

"So why was I human before?" Sarah askes

"UNIT" The Doctor said darkly.

The Doctor handed Sarah a thick brown folder with "Confidentel" stamped across it and a unit logo in the corner.

"What's this?" Sarah asked confussed

"Your file. Read it" The Doctor waved a hand towards the file before relaxing himself back on the sofa fiddling with his sonic.

Sarah opened the file and started reading. To her amasment she discovered she could read a whole page by just glancing at it. She managed to read the whole file in less than a minute and then laid back against the pillows of her hospital bed trying to make sense of what she just read.

They had run tests and experaments on Sarah for the first 6 months of her life before trying to remove one of her hearts to make her appear human but it had only grown back thanks to her Timelord DNA. They then started to supress her Timelord DNA which hadn't worked so they had devloped a machine that rewrote her DNA leaving only the smallest trace of timelord barely traceable by any machines they had. They then were able to remove her extra heart to make her appear completely human all before Sarah's third birthday.

Sarah really didn't know what to think. The whole way through she was refered to as "the child" never by name which made it worse to Sarah like she wasn't even concidered as a person just an experament.

"Why?" Sarah asked after 5 minutes of silence.

"Because they could. To hide you from the time war. To protect you" The Doctor listed "God knows" he finished

"Protect me from what?"

"Me"

"Well that did work every well did it?" Sarah laughed.

They both fell silent again. Sarah didn't know what to think or feel about it all. She felt angry at what they had done to her violeted almost but they had done it mostly out of good intentions. To try and help.

"Why did you ask if I was still going to be here?" The Doctor asked suddenly pulling Sarah out of her thoughts

"Your voice it was completely emotionless which is the voice you use when your done with something and moving on" Sarah answered uncomfortably

"You thought I was done with you" The Doctor said more like a statement than a question.

Sarah nodded her head not trusting her self to talk as tears started to come to her eyes waiting for the rejection from her father.

"Would I have sat in this room for four days straight not leaving even for a second if I was done with you?" The Doctor said sadly.

"Four days?" Sarah asked shocked

"You had alot to repair thanks to UNIT" The Doctor shrugged.

"If UNIT knew about me why didn't they step in when Stephan started hurting me?" Sarah asked

"Your records stop when you were three. Your mum worked for UNIT and once they turned you human she went dark. Changed your names, moved back to Ireland, tried to start over. UNIT didn't find her until she died" The Doctor explained quickly.

Just then Clara came back in carrying a tray loaded with tea and toast.

"You're getting out today apparently" Clara anounced happily setting the tray down at the bottom of Sarah's bed.

a/n this chapter is so bad i know sorry im completely stuck with it theres alot of info needed squeezed into it but the next one will be much better I promise xxx