Love me│Wavering

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, Oliver. Bye." We ended the call and I headed for my closet to get dressed.

I couldn't believe that it was a year since I moved here and started at A.O.T High. A year since I met Eren in those hallways, bumping into each other because we both weren't watching our space.

And now...I don't even know where we stand.

Either way, I told myself to suck it up and get my ass off to school. If Eren was going to act like a jerk, then so be it. I also had my own future to care for and I knew studying was going to be important to prove my parents I could live by myself.

I had to stay focused.

I got my belongings ready headed for the door. Taking the elevator down to the first floor, I realized I hadn't eaten any breakfast and that was not good. I made a commitment to take care of my health this year and I wasn't going to fail on the first day.

The morning was a bit cooler than the sizzling heat that came around 12 and I was enjoying the light breeze. "Okay, I have some time to get some food before school." I was lucky enough to live close to high school. I could take the bus, but I also could walk for approximately 15 minutes and still make it.

Entering a close by cafe, my phone rang for the second time. Curiously, I fished up my phone to see Jean calling. "Missed me already, Jean?" I snickered as he groaned an insult. The usual.

"Shut up and get your ass to school already." He almost demanded and I rolled my eyes. What was his deal now?

"Why? School doesn't start in 40 minutes." I complained, really dreading to go. "Why are you all there so early?"

"Football practice, remember?" Jean said, but his tone drastically changed.

Right...the whole scholarship came up again. I guess it was inevitable that both Jean, Levi and Eren were leaving us next year. I hadn't even spoken to Jean about it. I was scared to.

"Yeah, I remember." I murmured, losing all my appetite.

"Just get to school so we can talk." Jean said above a whisper and I simply nodded. I was left without any options. This was something even I couldn't fight to avoid.

This scholarship was their future.
I knew that...I understood it more than anything.

I bought myself a bagel and some coffee to stir me awake and ready for the day to arrive. After 20 minutes I was situated in front of my high school, remembering the first day and the last day of summer.
That day when we all went to the beach, all of us glowing with joy.

A melancholy feeling swept my soul. Knowing that after this school year ends, all of us aren't going to enter our third year together.
Knowing this year might be the last we all could be together. Graduating without Levi, Jean and Eren was never going to feel right.

"Y/n!" A voice spurred behind me and I was soon embraced with a warm feeling on my shoulder.

Dear God

"Please, take that hand away from me right now." A deep frown was settled on my lips as I turned to face the one person I did not have the energy to deal with.

"Oh, come on," Alice giggled as she flipped her hair over her shoulder. "Are you still mad about what happened in February? I thought we could move past this, Y/n." She explained like it was the natural thing to do. Like she didn't almost break Eren and I apart because she was a self centered bitch.

Yeah—I was definitely still livid.

"I'm not going to discuss this with you." I took a stance away from her, "Do not speak to me or my friends. You are not welcome here." I showed her my boundaries and I was done arguing with people who just wanted to tick my nerves. Alice was not worth the havoc.