Love me│Wavering

The morning was dreadful just like you could envision. Eren left last night without saying goodbye and I spent my time sobbing in the bathroom. What a 'fabulous' time.

It was our first day back to school and I never considered it'd be like this. I was anxious and I had no clue how to present myself. Is the most promising option to pretend nothing occurred? Or did Eren possibly tell Armin about our argument?

Either way, I had to get myself ready and wander off to school. I discovered myself missing Dave's company as he would certainly have the right answers to my hardships. 
But...my parents are no longer required to pay for his salary. They told me to start taking public transport to school and I did not condemn them. They weren't even here.

And trust me, I loved being in my own space without that horrid tension roaming around my mother. On the other side, I did miss having the simplicity of eating dinner together, and going on small trips when my parents were off work. These things could no longer happen.

My phone rang as I was setting on some makeup. My heart leaped, assuming it was Eren, but I was soon surprised to see a familiar name.

"Hello, Oliver!" I expressed cheerfully, "I didn't expect a call from you so sudden." I put the phone on speaker and Oliver shrilled joyfully. I truly had missed his presence.

"Well, I had to wish my best friend a good first day of school considering how unlucky she is!" Oliver replied with a light and teasing tone.

A faint smile washed across my lips. "Luck was definitely never on my side...especially now." I murmured the last part, even though I wanted Oliver to hear. He was always so encouraging and I desperately needed his supportive words.

"Oh, god." Oliver sighed wearily, "What happened now?"

"My boyfriend happened." I put down the mascara, feeling my eyes sting from the pain. I couldn't get his words out of my brain, how cold he sounded, how he almost hated me again. "Eren and I had a fight last night about his scholarship situation. He's moving within a year and thinks I don't support him."

"What?" Oliver grimaced, "He's moving? And you decided to stay for him only for him to leave you when it benefits him the most?" I could hear his voice growing with agitation and I lowered my head. It was almost shameful to admit it but...that was kinda the truth.

Oliver's words rang inside my mind. It was somewhat true...I did stay so we could be together, but I also did it for my friends. I belonged here and nobody was going to change that. Eren can't just toss everything we went through and say I don't support just because I reacted to him leaving so suddenly.

Wasn't I allowed to have feelings? Wasn't I allowed to have an opinion even?

"I know...I'm mostly hurt that he didn't even tell me." I sighed wearily, "And that he almost expected me to not have any feelings toward him moving away. It's like I was meant to accept it and stay silent."

I heard Oliver take a long breathe. He sounded mad. "Oh Y/n...you don't deserve this. Not after all the crap you dealt with." He took a pause before proceeding, "Are you gonna talk to him about it?"

The mere thought of seeing Eren again after that harsh argument, was more than I could bear at the moment. I felt like he despised me...I didn't know what to do.

"Not yet. He's in his emotions right now and I have no clue why he's acting so hostile toward me." I stood up from my chair, seeing that I have no more time before school began. What a dreadful day. "I'll call you later if something happens, okay?"

"Alright, take care of yourself." Oliver comforted, "And call me if you need anything. You don't deserve to be treated like this, remember what you sacrificed."