Love me ❘ Decisions

"I'm home!" I shouted into the hallway of Historia's house. It took me quite so time to get used to this gesture because I was costumed to entering an empty house. My parents were almost never home to greet me.

"Welcome home!" A cherry voice replied from the kitchen. The smell engulfed me and I recognized that sweet aroma of pie. Frieda was an excellent cook and I was dying for her recipes. No wonder Historia was such a good cook herself.

But lately...she hadn't been eating so well.

"Making cherry pie again?" I smiled when I entered the kitchen.

"Yes, it's Historia's favorite from when she was a child. We would sit on the porch and eat it together as the sun set" Frieda whipped around to face me, eyes narrowed somberly. I knew she was referring to Historia's state...

I need to talk to her...this can't go on

"I'll go talk to her. Is she upstairs?" I questioned.

Frieda then arched an eyebrow at me, "No, she said she was going out. I thought she had already told you." Her statement made my heart sink inside my chest for some reason.

Out? Historia almost never goes out without her friends and we just got back from the boat trip. The others would be at home by now.

"Oh, I didn't know actually." I played it off like nothing because I didn't wish for Frieda to worry about it. I was just panicking for no reason and there might be nothing wrong. "Did she say where she was going?"

"She said she was going out to meet with a friend. I'm not sure where or who she's seeing though." Frieda stated before she sighed wearily, "Do I need to be worried about this?"

Immediately, I shook my head. "No, no. I'm sure she's okay and I'll give her a call just to be safe." I waved her off and the brewing tension. Truthfully, I had no clue what Historia was doing at this point. I hadn't talked to her for quite a while...I felt really bad.

She missed Ymir and it tore her heart to not know why she was absent. None of us had been able to contact her for a long time and neither did her parents answer the door. Had she packed up and moved away? Most likely...but it wasn't like Ymir to do.

I ambled up to my room. Tired from the trip, I bounced on my bed and let out an exhale for the tenth time today.
To think we believed that starting our second year of high school would be easy and flawless.

I worried for Eren a lot. His safety and mental health and everything was on the line again...but I knew he was strong as ever. He had his friends back and he had me.
Because I was never leaving his side again.

I fished up my phone with the intent to call Historia. I hadn't talked to her the whole day, not since we left to come home. I didn't even know if she had heard about Josef being released.

I waited and waited for her to pick up, but the call died out eventually. "...Dammit, please don't tell me you're out causing trouble like I always did" I sighed, now understanding how chaotic I used to be in these situations.

But soon enough, fatigue enveloped my body and I wondered off to dreamland.

"Y/n?"

"Hey, wake up."

"Y/n!"

My eyes shot open when my cheek was blasted with a slap that almost sent me off to the sky.

"W-What the hell?!" I grasped my red cheek in fury, veering my head to find a pair of hazel eyes. "Jean, you little shit! What the fuck did you slap me for!?"