iii. i can't believe it's mother dearest.

Start from the beginning

"No," Miguel shook his head, "It's okay."

"Just... don't give up, Miguel." Chuck appealed, "I thought I would never walk without crutches again but look at me? Free of them and that ugly cast. If I can do it, I know you can too."

Miguel flashed a quick smile, "I won't give up."

"Good." Chuck nodded, "But I should get going... see you around?" Chuck started walking backward to the door.

"Yeah." Miguel nodded, "Bye."

"Bye." Chuck turned on his heel, walking out of the room then toward the waiting room to go sit down and wait for his father and the nurse to finish talking.

He pulled out his phone, walking toward to a seat but ended up bumping into someone. "Sorry," He apologized, picking up their phone he was responsible for making drop and handing to the owner. Looking up to see who it belonged to. "You...."

"Hi, Charlie,"

Chuck shook his head, he couldn't who was standing before him. "Why are you even here?"

"I take it your father haven't mentioned me?" The woman questioned.

Just as she mentioned his dad, he came walking into the waiting room with the nurse right behind him, laughing it up. He stopped once he seen his ex-wife and his son standing few feet from each other.

"Still doesn't explain why you are here." Chuck expressed in a angry tone, seeing a woman coming up to her.

"Honey, Mason's on his way up." The lady announced, Chuck scoffed at the name.

Chuck looked at the woman, "You're his mother?"

"Yes," the woman responded, "Who is this, honey?"

Chuck chuckled, "The one responsible for putting your son in such critical conditions." Chuck grinned at her, shrugging. "Nice to finally meet the bastard child's mother."

"Charlie!" His mother reprimanded.

Ward grabbed his son's shoulders, "I'm so sorry about this, my son's still a little loopy from the gas."

Chuck didn't bother saying anything as he eyed down his mother, "Bye, mother."

Ward pushed him toward the elevator, pressing the down button then pulling Chuck on it. It was a long way down, Chuck leaning up against the wall with his foot tapping against the floor. "How long have you known?"

Ward took a while to answer, "Since, um... the accident."

Chuck scoffed, "You knew for a whole month that she was walking within our radius and you didn't tell me!"

"Because I knew how you'd react!"

"React? Yeah, I'm reacting like this because you thought you could keep this from me! Why?"